PDA

View Full Version : HELP FROM YOU GUYS WHO KNOW THE SCORE

Vectra-boy
23-04-04, 09:46 AM
HEY

CAN ANY OF YOU DUDES HELP ME HERE.. MY MATE AS A VECTRA 1.8 SRi 120 T REG FACE LIFT.

it keeps cutting out at gear change and every time he dips the clutch.. plus sometimes it wont start first time.. hes had it to a few guys but they dont know whats wrong with it.. one or two people told us that it could be the EGR VAVLE ? it would be great if you guys could help us on this!

cheers

Daz

m.d.
23-04-04, 03:59 PM
if he thinks it may be the EGR valve try taking the vacume pipe off of it and see if it starts and runs fine then. they only make the car more efficient and cleaner anyway so you will normally see a slight performace gain by doing this too.

nova198
23-04-04, 06:28 PM
try the coolent temperature sensor mate these allways play up. and from what u have described i am 99.99% sure it will fix it. they arnt much to buy about ?10.

mowgli
23-04-04, 09:04 PM
I think it could be the crank sensor
my S reg. Omega 16v did that, and the dealer couldn't find anything wrong.
the engine light came on and we shot straight round, drove it straight into the workshop and stuck it on the tester. result intermittent crank sensor. it was underreading the revs, and when the revs died down (during gear changes) it read zero revs and decided zero fuel. cost a bit though.

Jules
24-04-04, 08:50 AM
try the coolent temperature sensor mate these allways play up. and from what u have described i am 99.99% sure it will fix it. they arnt much to buy about ?10.

About ?7 from a Lucas dealer (Or a motor factors that sell Lucas parts) - About ?20 from Vauxhall.......
:o

mikeyredtop
24-04-04, 09:21 AM
temp sensor wouldnt prevent starting, carnk sensor would although, i have had a lot of trouble with these, they have to be huggin the crank teeth 4 it to work somtimes...

Vectra-boy
24-04-04, 11:01 AM
hey

cheers guys for your help... im off work today so i will have Fxxk about with the car and see what i can do.... this mite sound thick but where will i find the "coolent temperature sensor" lol?

cheers

Daz

mikeyredtop
24-04-04, 11:59 AM
its not the coolant temp sensor 100% sure, it would either be the crank sensor, throttle potentiometer, bad connection in a plug somwhere... or a loose earth in the inj loom...

Aragorn
24-04-04, 08:02 PM
or a sticky idle control valve?

~~joycey~~
24-04-04, 08:09 PM
or the ecu

nova198
24-04-04, 10:50 PM
the coolent temp sensor is the cheapest and easiest bit to replace before u go replacing crank sensors like someone has allready stated they are quite dear. where the temp sensor is ?7 go for this first mate and i am sure u will not be dissapointed.