PDA

View Full Version : F20 gearbox in a nova advice.

BigRuss
23-04-04, 12:02 AM
Guys,

I've been offered a Quaife sccr F20 G/box complete with a Zf lsd and a 4.8 cwp for the rally car, now I know I'd need big shafts and My hubs modified but My queries are:
Will this box fit on to My 1600 8v engine?
Will I have to change the clutch?
Will I have to change My G/box mounts?
Will I have to change/modify My gear change linkage/mechanism?

Any advice is appreciated, Going have to be quick If it'll fit or I'll miss out on the box.

Cheers.

Aragorn
23-04-04, 12:36 AM
i'd guess it will physically bolt to the engine

u will prolly need a custom clutch assembly made for it tho

mountings should be the same as standard as they only need spaced when fitting 2.0 cos the block is longer

2litreturbo
23-04-04, 06:48 AM
i dont think it will fit.

Based on the fact that the gearbox from the gte wont fit on the big block. It will be possible to make it fit but i dont think it's gunna be easy. But i think the mounts will be the same because if you look on any nove, the point where the block meets the bell housing is in the same place on any nova (even valvers)

Stuart
23-04-04, 07:54 AM
if you can get a good deal on it, buy it anyway and flog it for profit to put towards a smallw block cluster :) iain seems to have loads

BigRuss
23-04-04, 09:45 AM
I am already running a quaife sccr F13 box with a zf lsd and a 4.5 cwp, I also have a spare quaife box with a tranx or zf diff and a 4.1cwp. I really want a f15 quaife box with a 4.8 cwp as I have the revs for about 110mph even on a 4.8cwp. That way I can keep the weight down and still use std shafts etc..

With the F20 it is a much heavier box and would have to use big shafts, but this one is cheap. So if it'll fit I'd prob buy it and use it, if not a friend of mine has 2nd refusal. I mean what would I want 3 competition boxes for :?: Especially if one won't fit :!:

So, will it fit????
Alternatively does anyone know for a Quaife F15 box and 4.8 cwp?

j1400
23-04-04, 09:56 AM
The bolt holes are the same, so they it does fit. you can fit a F13 box to a 2L block with a machine flywheel.
You'd have to muck around with clutch flywheel combo till it fitted.
You'd then just need to put in 2L shafts, only advantage is if you can get hold of a 6spd cluster then you get a extra gear and better gearing.
I'll have to weigh them back to back on the weight think but yeah it's a few kgs heavier.

Stuart
23-04-04, 05:37 PM
ill have the spare slippy diff :D lol

BigRuss
23-04-04, 06:09 PM
Will probabbly sell/split the spare box.

It is a 4spd Quaife sccr box with a tran-X lsd and 4.1 cwp, Sorry cambridge but you'll have to be 2nd in line for that LSD :( as already promised it to someone if I split the box. Going to try and sell it complete first I think.

It's now in the for sale section, if not sold there or on E-bay in a week I will split it :D