PDA

View Full Version : neons

26inchchromerims
22-04-04, 11:35 PM
hey people me again! i wondered if i put neons in the boot with the sub would it be illegal? and can i change the white light that lights up wen i open the boot, to a blue one? :D CHEERS :D 8)

Nath
23-04-04, 10:16 AM
aslong as its inside the car it shouldnt be a problem m8. just keep the bulbs hidden and u should be fine,

26inchchromerims
23-04-04, 11:26 AM
ok thanks :D

Jack
23-04-04, 08:17 PM
to change the boot light either paint the bulb with some proper glass bulb paint (normal glass paint will melt... lol) or alternatively remove the light and run a neon off those wires

novaexplod
24-04-04, 12:45 PM
it looks mint when u wire a neon into the boot of the light switch.make sure u cant see the tube tho

epo
24-04-04, 12:52 PM
in my boot ive got two led clusters the exact same 1's u get on ambulance front grills :lol:
(and i didnt go robbin a amblance lol)

if u want coloured bulbs motorworld sell prism ones

26inchchromerims
24-04-04, 10:17 PM
haha yeah right where ya get them ambulance one's from then!!? thanks people :D

epo
24-04-04, 10:25 PM
i used to turn renault master vans into ambulances for a livin there was some of these kickin about and i got a set

novafling
25-04-04, 10:02 PM
could you run off two neons from the boot light wires? and could you do the same for the interior light when you open the front doors?

Jack
26-04-04, 11:11 AM
That should be fine. I've got two 12" uv neons that replace the interior light.

novafling
26-04-04, 09:45 PM
so could you run 2 neons of of the one interior light wires? any fuses between the wires? how did you fix yours up?

Jack
27-04-04, 10:39 AM
the interior light already has a fuse in the fuse box, but i added another one anyway. I took the interior light out, cut off the wires, stuck in a fuse and wired in the neons. Then shoved the fuse back into the hole where the standard light goes, replaced the standard light (just to plug the hole and keep it tidy). This way was best for me as i've got the neons sat under the sunstrip on the windscreen. If you want them elsewhere it'll probably be easier the trace the wire back to the fuse box or door switches and go from there.