PDA

View Full Version : Bad News...

djshongo
22-04-04, 06:11 PM
well MOT is slowly coming up...so i went to get a once over from a mechanic..to get an estimate.
so i take it to a guy..and he puts it on the lift and starts poking a bloody screwdriver through places :o
then afterwards he tells me that its scrap. :cry:
my pride and joy...scrap :(
he tells me ?200 - ?250 at least for the welding???
then i gotta get the mechanics sorted..! talking bout ?300 -?350 altogether.. :x
but i got a quote a few weeks ago from a guy and he said he could do the welding for ?50?? :?

i really dont wanna sell it..ive already sold 2 others in the past 2 years...

wat should i do??

peester
22-04-04, 06:13 PM
well if its that bad; best get rid. surely ya can find a tidy shell or whole car for ?300 odd.

Jack
22-04-04, 07:15 PM
and he puts it on the lift and starts poking a bloody screwdriver through places :o

yeah... my old MOT station used to do that, so i took my car elsewhere! The MOT guy was probably just trying to make some money on you, go get some quotes elsewhere and see what you come up with. But yeah, anything over ?300 and it'll probably be easier to buy a new shell.

nova m@rk
23-04-04, 01:05 AM
as soon as i bought my car took it to my local garage
he looked at my arches looked underneth & when i 1st had it
it must of been standing for a bit or sumert but it was spittin spots
of oil out the exhaust told me the piston rings had gone i might as well of chucked my money away
i was close to tears but took it too my dads mates garage
and he pissed him self jus said i had too much oil in & me and my dad
done all the welding this week cost me ?90 with the pannels
so dont listen to the first garage they always try to blag ya BASTIDS :P

Benn
23-04-04, 09:33 PM
same here,just had mine mot'ed
the guy was a real c**t about it,
on the nova therers a hole right bhind the front shock from engine bay thru 2 wheel arch yes..
he tryed 2 fail it on that...lol
told him and showd him a nova that was there
made my day
but he still failed it on crap stuff
oh and while it was there they took it 4 a drive.... :evil:
not going there again

BurburyConrod
24-04-04, 06:33 PM
Your car obviously isnt up to much if you are worried about a screwdriver being poked around it. unless you have a mate that can weld and he will help you out otherwise a new shell/car