PDA

View Full Version : GSI dials in a mk1

nam
22-04-04, 08:25 AM
as said above will they go in???? i have the chance to get a bargin

cheers nam

Euan
22-04-04, 10:28 AM
mk1 and mk2 have different plugs for the clocks mate. so might be a bit of hastle. try and get sum gte or sr ones

mikeoxford
22-04-04, 11:17 AM
nothing a little rewriring couldnt shake off.

thing with mk2 is they fit in the dash difrently. so thatll be the hardest part

Jack
22-04-04, 11:53 AM
hmm, i think mk2 has screw attachments on sides and top which mk1 doesn't have?

mikeoxford
22-04-04, 01:03 PM

correct

Big Box
22-04-04, 04:49 PM
apart from the screw attachments i think they're the same? Correct me if im wrong but if you cut off the lugs with the screw holes it should fit. I have GTE (mk1) dials mounted in a mk2 dash, just wedged instead of screwed in and it fits fine. There will be a way, just involves a stanley knife and some elbow grease!!!!!

NoVa_KhAn
22-04-04, 05:45 PM
im goin thru this problem now i brought gte clocks for my mk2 and i need the gte clip but cant find ne anywhere, how hard is it 2 re wire? anyone got any advice?

Jack
22-04-04, 06:32 PM

correct

woohoo do i win a prize :lol:

Big Box
23-04-04, 03:21 PM
im goin thru this problem now i brought gte clocks for my mk2 and i need the gte clip but cant find ne anywhere, how hard is it 2 re wire? anyone got any advice?
I think you will need the GTE plug then just connect wires colour for colour. The clocks can be wedged in under the shroud.

karl Rowntree
23-04-04, 10:07 PM
Just did this conversion in mine but the other way round.

Fitted a mk2 dash but wanted mk1 dials, so removed all the clocks from the mk1 case and fitted them into the mk2 case. Was very straight forwards and no need to cut or bodge anything.

As for the wiring follow the haynes manual wiring diagram, it tells you where each wire should be on the plug.

P.S thanks to rob d for all his work on this :wink: