PDA

View Full Version : donington race track

benji
21-04-04, 05:31 PM
donington are doing track days this summer for ?140. no excuses now to not go as it is half the price they were doing them for last year. and it's only5 min's down the road from me.

has anyone done donington? whats it like for novas?

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/trakzone/

MC
22-04-04, 10:00 AM
Very nice circuit, one of my favourites, the Nova loved it, but it was CP's and his car looks good on any track!

MC

benji
22-04-04, 06:04 PM
i think june 24th is looking good for me. i've been wanting to have a go for ages

epo
22-04-04, 06:40 PM
ive done donnington in a ford cougar with me dad behind me in a mk4 fiesta zetec s that was a right good laugh

Philsutton
22-04-04, 07:00 PM
i went on in the winter when had the 1/4 mile runing at night, but im not sure what the whole track is like

CP
24-04-04, 09:12 AM
Its 1 of the best circuits I've driven. Craner curves are great for a Nova being light and manoeuvrable - a lot of bigger stuff comes unstuck at the bottom of them.

mikeyredtop
24-04-04, 09:27 AM
i went round there on my push bike....

karl Rowntree
24-04-04, 10:51 AM
Donington is one of the most fun tracks i have driven, and as said before probably one of the most suited to do in a nova.

As for the curves CP, I was racing a gt porsche down the back straight went for the brakes and hey there wasnt any! Carried that much speed round the bends i got past the porsche on the pit straight :lol:

I will be up for a track day there later in the year if a few people fancy doing a day with togeather??

Philsutton
24-04-04, 05:36 PM
being as the track is just down the road from me i suppose i should make the effort to go and have a blast round ?140 is alot of money for me though :(

benji
24-04-04, 06:09 PM
let me know when and i will go. hopefully i will do a few days there this summer