PDA

View Full Version : seq gearbox

honda
21-04-04, 03:51 PM
hi any one know where i can get a sequential gearbox from and some one to fit it :oops:

Stuart
21-04-04, 05:35 PM
1) WHY do you want a sequential box?? who gave you the gay advise for that?

2) swindon engines might have conatacts to get one but id expect little change from ?5K

also what engine and state of tune is it in?

fearless
21-04-04, 09:30 PM
http://www.quaife.co.uk/

BigRuss
21-04-04, 10:44 PM
I have a customers kit car spec F2 Astra rally car in the workshop at the moment 8) , it has a Quaife 6 speed sequential dog g/box in it. I've driven it down the road and the box is stunning.

However, I would not have one in My rally car as if I am going down a long straight on an event I like to go from 5th down in to 2nd or 3rd depending on bend etc.. at the end of the straight. With the sequential You have to go down through every gear therefore loosing time I reckon!!

CP
21-04-04, 11:01 PM
mmm sequential g/box - want 1 forever.

yeh i agree russ - how often do you that in WRC and summnik goes a bit wrong and they have to re-start from after say reversing out of problem - they are right mare - easy lose 20 secs just fapping about trying to get the right gear

Big Box
22-04-04, 05:06 PM
how often do you that in WRC and summnik goes a bit wrong and they have to re-start from after say reversing out of problem - they are right mare

YOU WOT???????????!!!!!!!!!!!! Speak English sonny!!!!!! :lol:

2litreturbo
23-04-04, 06:52 AM
he is saying if you miss a gear or have a little 'mis-hap' and reverse out of trouble, quite often you need to switch of the engine, select neutral, and restart the engine. Which wastes time.

mowgli
23-04-04, 08:51 PM
renault sport actually used to use a standard h type gearbox on clio rally cars with some fancy hydraulics so that it could act like a sequential shift.
probably cost a bit though. seriously, I think a gear linkage could be designed that mimics a seq. shift, maybe using a solenoid clutch (used on disabled conversions). the only problem is a straight cut box is noisy as hell for normal use. ever noticed that wrc drivers put earphones on for the road sections.