PDA

View Full Version : Holey SRi

hendrix
21-04-04, 12:06 PM
Finally got the new bits on the car apart from the doors so its not really the holey SRi anymore. Thats the good news. It gets worse and worse! :evil:
The guys prepped everthing for spraying, so far so good. Sprayed the car and left it in the garage overnight. I came back and all the paint had reacted so it looked like some1 had stonechipped it all. Then i notice that the drives side sill is still in primer :x . Not so bad i guess, then i take a look at the car and there is a dint in the crease of the roof. When i questioned the guy he said he had kneeled on the windscreen to spray the roof. the dozy cnut. anyway it wont push out so out comes the filler!! I got in the car to move it out and cudnt see anything cuz they had oversprayed all over the door windows. Rang them up and they said scotch it down and they will spray it again later that day if i can get them a pain gun. Went and baught a paint gun (bearing in mind im now over 1000 quid overdrawn). Got back and then they told me they cudnt be arsed 2 finish the job - fuckin twats! So now im drivin round in a nova that looks like its been sprayed with a matt black can of spray. Looks a rite mess. So now i gotta save up to get some1 else 2 re do the WHOLE of the car. The only good thing is no more holes :D
I felt so depressed i just wanted 2 tow the thing 2 the scrapyard :( :x
Sorry bout that long ramble there but u gotta understand how pissed i am!
Im sure theres more but my blood is boiling just talkin bout it.
and for there cars - ITS HAMMER TIME :twisted:

Astra_Boy2004
21-04-04, 12:23 PM
who the fook did you get to paint your car?

djshongo
21-04-04, 12:32 PM
sorry to hear bout that man... :?
i would def go with the hammer idea...a BIG hammer... :lol:
but hey....u might hav started a new trend - the patcy design..? :lol:
:!: out with the hammers!! :!:

blingmachine
21-04-04, 12:47 PM
:o fuck me, if they did that to my car i'd kick the living sh!t outta them, i mean you paid them to do a job and they totaly fcuked your car!

Dpnova
21-04-04, 12:48 PM
sorry to hear that

Jim
21-04-04, 12:50 PM
How much were you being charged for them to spray and repair the car? Sounds like the place was even worse than where I took my car to have a partial respray 3 years ago. I'm sure the guy used a paintbrush to apply the paint :roll:

Sounds like a proper cowboy situation. Do they claim to be a proffesional bodyshop? Not sure why they'd need to kneel on the windscreen to spray the roof, unless a midget was doing it? Also, why should you have to buy a paintgun?

All sounds very dodgy to me.

Jim

Will
21-04-04, 01:04 PM
please tell us the name of the people you used so that none of us ever use them........

sorry to hear your story, where are you from perhaps some of us could point you in the direction of a decent sprayer etc

hendrix
21-04-04, 03:34 PM
The guys were a couple of mates who have just done one of them courses in spraying and body repair and are lookin for jobs right now. How on earth someone can give them a diploma is beyond me. I hope nowhere employs them cuz they are proper cowboy toss!!! Atleast i hadnt parted with any money and got a full days work out of them!
Problem now is im driving around in a matt black car with paint and primer on the alloys and have absolutley not a penny to my name to do anything about it!!

Matt Nova
21-04-04, 03:57 PM
What's better to buy an SR or SRi? Whats difference in spec and performance?

srs1
21-04-04, 10:47 PM
that is well grim andreas. suppose the only positive thing is that they repaired some of the panels for you.

hope things get better mate

Chris
21-04-04, 11:03 PM
andreas,

see if you can get it through to mine on sunday as there will be a lad at our garage who does painting on the cheap. He does a good job too, i dont know if you had a look round Paul's astra GSi at the sheffield meet but he painted that. Give us a ring bud

Chris

epo
22-04-04, 06:30 PM
andreas,

see if you can get it through to mine on sunday as there will be a lad at our garage who does painting on the cheap. He does a good job too, i dont know if you had a look round Paul's astra GSi at the sheffield meet but he painted that. Give us a ring bud

Chris
yeah seen his work he's good

as for the lad who sprayed ur car andy u shud chop there hands off 4 the job they did

and then sell me ur tailgate failin that ill chop there hands off if u give me ur tail gate :wink: :lol:

Chris
22-04-04, 09:44 PM
[quote="epo_sri

and then sell me ur tailgate failin that ill chop there hands off if u give me ur tail gate :wink: :lol:[/quote]

Buy Mine!!!!!