PDA

View Full Version : Comments Please, what should i do?

Snowface
20-04-04, 06:50 PM
on my car

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=647

When i come to renew my insurance i will be 19 and (hopefully) have 1 years no claims bonus, my dilemma is this:

Shall i keep this car, run it for another year, maybe 2. I'm planning on getting a B+ head for it in summer and machining the restrictive inlets where the DTML adaptor plate is.

I expect my insurance to be around ?600-650 when i renew.

Or..
Shall i get a GSi and sell this car for whatever i can get.
That will mean more money for insurance, but i will be able to tune more ponies out of it.

My car's got 10 months MOT and it didn't need much to pass last time (a little welding and CV boot) and is very nearly as quick as a GSi as it is and will be with the B+.

what u reckon.

I expect insurance on a GSi to be around ?1300-1500 in my scenario.

Adam
20-04-04, 06:59 PM
If you can afford the insurance on the GSi then go for it, but the car you have now seems pretty rapid when lookingat the engine mods, so i would say it is most sensible choice.
What you save on insurance could go towards more mods.

But you can't beat GSIs,
its a tough question,LOL

Nath
20-04-04, 07:03 PM
sell the car to me :lol: nahh i dunno m8 it would be nice to keep that im sure but imagine the ponies u could get out the gsi?

nova m@rk
21-04-04, 12:04 AM
get a gsi or if u cant decide simply put your car up for offers see how much people will offer if it aint what u expected keep it
or just flip a coin
heads = GSi
tails = keep it :D

Barn
21-04-04, 04:22 PM
i would prob keep it mate. f*ck it. I asked my insurance (LV) would they insure me on a GSI and they said they wouldn't until I'm 21 :? I felt like saying...look mate...hopefully I'll have a LET in there by then, lol.
nahh on a serious note...its up to you mate, but you got a nice little spec going there atm. With the B+ Head should be well nippy. The money you will be spending on insurance could go, as others have said, towards more mods for your 1.3.

is a bit of a dilemma though mate...

All the best

SKoob
21-04-04, 06:55 PM
Keep the 1.3 m8, its alot more impresive when a car with a smaller engine is as quick or quicker than one with a larger one. :+:

Snowface
21-04-04, 07:05 PM
yeah i decided i will keep it. Do B+ this year then T40's next year. Then i got them to put on a 1600 eventually.

steve-o
21-04-04, 07:48 PM
cheaper raod tax as well.

plus the extra cash youll have left you could get some new wheels

benji
21-04-04, 08:02 PM
how much power will a b+ head add?

Snowface
21-04-04, 08:41 PM
12-15% depending on other mods.