PDA

View Full Version : mk2 dash conversion+digital dash...

drewbloke
20-04-04, 11:09 AM
hey guys just wanna know if there are any companies out there that will do this for me?

Jack
20-04-04, 11:46 AM
I think your best bet would be to either DIY or ask someone on here to come help you out... A car electrician might be able to do the digidash though.

drewbloke
20-04-04, 12:33 PM
i did one on my last nova but the bottom mount by the gear shift doesnt exist on the mk1 so i dont think it was as secure as it should be. whats the best way to do it?

Riggy
20-04-04, 05:27 PM
just use the mk2 centre console to hold it up
did mine last week and was quite easy really hardest part was the heater cables lol cos i snapped one took me a day and half to take out the mk2 dash and the mk1 and fit the mk2 and my digi dash :D

Big Box
21-04-04, 03:25 PM
its dead easy really, theres guides for the mk2 dash swap and the digi conversion on www.nova-land.com. Honestly, as long as you remove the mk2 dash yourself and get all the plugs etc, it should take no more than a day even for a novice. Good luck!!!! :D

MechaT
21-04-04, 11:48 PM
Pretty easy but you'll "magically" lose the positive feed to the horn so you av to take from somewhere else.
Get Corsa indicator stalks for the wiper controls (and they look good)
heater controls: apparently you should the bottom from heater matrix for the cables. I had to use some enginuity and a gas torch :!:

look on: www.vauxnova.co.uk

Big Box
22-04-04, 03:40 PM
I used the heater control cables from my old mk1 dash, just cut the joiner piece at the control end in two, the attached them to the mk2 dash control knobs with plenty of cable ties!!! bit of a bodge but works fine and you cant tell!!!!

Big Box
22-04-04, 03:42 PM
Pretty easy but you'll "magically" lose the positive feed to the horn so you av to take from somewhere else.

I didnt lose any feeds???? Wots he on about???? The horn feed was fine on mine. :? :!:

MechaT
05-05-04, 02:06 PM
I didnt lose any feeds???? Wots he on about???? The horn feed was fine on mine.

I converted My G reg, and later on my E reg Nova with the same GSI dash and that's what I found. If you found different, fine :roll: