PDA

View Full Version : another bites the dust...

peester
19-04-04, 11:40 PM
last night my old nova was wrote off by the owner (my mate chris). Chris lost control of the car through a big puddle/flood in the road down a 'lane. he seems to think that the minor twisting in the chassis (road had camber, bumps, mud the lot) caused the bodged lowerin springs to break/fall/collapse which then flipped the car.
he's alright; not a mark on him. but a bent/scruffed roof and not much of a front end left on it. teaches us not to bodge-mod; the old nev was decked approx -90mm on the back where a mate had heat-shrunk, i believe, the -60mm Gmax springs. Soon after the springs had cracked and chris had just not got round to replacing them. reckons had his springs not dropped out/whatever happened car would have at least stayed 4 wheels on road if not recovered the slide.

here's a pic of the red 1.2 Sxi when i owned it;
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/RIMG0131.jpg no i left the springs at the original -60mm drop.

Adam
20-04-04, 07:18 PM
That is why its very important to not bodge maods to the suspension/steering/brakes.
It could end in tradgedy.
Glad to hear he's OK though.

peester
20-04-04, 07:24 PM
aye; cheers mate. yeah its all to easy to jump on the bodge it bandwagon with cheap cars but at least its taught him a lesson. i mean i almost get mocked by them for my normal level of standards with modding (buying new, good brands, taliored/applicated parts) I keep tellin them its how it should be done.

~~joycey~~
20-04-04, 10:09 PM
unlucky.