PDA

View Full Version : The next mod (maybe)

Tazzy
19-04-04, 11:37 PM
i was thinking earlier on whilst i was in the traffic cue, how the F*** can i get these divvie ford/peuguot/bmw/white van man/old ppl/woman/alfa romeo/audi/taxi drivers to back off without starting verbal abuse and keeping a cool mannor!

and it dawned on me, a flamer kit, i dont want it for style or to attract attention (although i might get a few ppl looking) but it would be a small yet 'heated' warning to the muppets behind not to stop so close, cuz i relaly dont fancy forking out for a new bumper when there is nothing wrong with my current one!

what do you think?

i know its because i drive a nova, so automatically, i look like a 'boyracer' but they dont have to be complete n0b jockeys about it!

Astra_Boy2004
19-04-04, 11:42 PM
good idea mate, although you will need a new bumper when it melts.

wont work with the old bill though!

Tazzy
19-04-04, 11:45 PM
it wont be my bumper itll be melting! lol

the back box sticks out a few inches so hopefully i wont have nothing to worry about!

and as for the filth, hopefully, they wont see me do it! :lol:

nuno_gt
19-04-04, 11:57 PM
I got the same problem too, and one of my tactics is to let my rear approaches the car behind me (in traffic jams) or, if it's on the highway, just turn on the fog lights (if you got a twin fog conversion, it'll get the rear driver a little confused and hold back a little).

Why people don't understand the fact that if someone can't stop in the space avaiable at front, can cause a big accident with too many cars involved with no need to, because if we let +/- a 1/2 car space and, with possibility to escape, many accidents could be avoided.

Tazzy
20-04-04, 12:11 AM
1 thing in particuler that sticks in my head from when i was taking lessons was when my tutor said, 'tyres and tarmac'

its simple enough, if you cant see the tyres and a good metre or so of tarmac between you and the car infront when in a traffic cue, youre too close!

so why ppl stop so close is beyond me!

when driving, that thoguht is always constantly in my mind as i dont like the thoguht up sliding into the back end of someone after all the ammount of money ive already spend on my iccle baby beast!

Ben
20-04-04, 12:14 AM
will need to have a seriously overfuelling nova to get one to work.

mikeoxford
20-04-04, 12:15 AM
will need to have a seriously overfuelling nova to get one to work.
or a gas kit.

taz mate you will have to get a gas one

you cant get an ecu controlled 1.2i to overfuel......

nova m@rk
20-04-04, 12:35 AM
sure u can get diffrent coloured flames with the gas ones :onfire:

2litreturbo
20-04-04, 06:26 AM
when ever i pull up behind someone in a que, i alwyas leave room infront of me to escape if i needed to. I also watch my rear view mirror and if someone is approaching from behind, i show them my brake lights so they know i'm not moving. If they start approacing two fast like they haven't seen me, i can use the space in front to pull out of the q so they dont hit me

Jim
20-04-04, 08:21 AM
So what if someone gets close to you? Provided they don't hit you, whats the problem? If they do hit you, then their the ones that will be paying for your new rear bumper, not you. Sounds a bit extreme and "oh so last year" to get a flamer kit fitted just so that people dont get too close to you :roll:

Jim

Dpnova
20-04-04, 08:24 AM
get out an pull up there window wipers 8) that will soon annoy them when your in traffic

Jack
20-04-04, 08:44 AM
when ever i pull up behind someone in a que, i alwyas leave room infront of me to escape if i needed to. I also watch my rear view mirror and if someone is approaching from behind, i show them my brake lights so they know i'm not moving. If they start approacing two fast like they haven't seen me, i can use the space in front to pull out of the q so they dont hit me

thats what i do... i always leave plenty of room ahead of me if i'm the last one in a queue, so at least if some prat in a 4x4 rear-ends me i won't slam into the car in front of me, and show my brake lights as they approach.

if it's on the highway, just turn on the fog lights (if you got a twin fog conversion, it'll get the rear driver a little confused and hold back a little).

Works better with a clear fog light.... they think you've put it in reverse :lol: :lol:

Snowface
20-04-04, 06:23 PM
I got the same problem too, and one of my tactics is to let my rear approaches the car behind me (in traffic jams) or, if it's on the highway, just turn on the fog lights (if you got a twin fog conversion, it'll get the rear driver a little confused and hold back a little).

Why people don't understand the fact that if someone can't stop in the space avaiable at front, can cause a big accident with too many cars involved with no need to, because if we let +/- a 1/2 car space and, with possibility to escape, many accidents could be avoided.

please type in english, i can't understand most of that.

thats what i do... i always leave plenty of room ahead of me if i'm the last one in a queue, so at least if some prat in a 4x4 rear-ends me i won't slam into the car in front of me, and show my brake lights as they approach.

if it's on the highway, just turn on the fog lights (if you got a twin fog conversion, it'll get the rear driver a little confused and hold back a little).

Works better with a clear fog light.... they think you've put it in reverse :lol: :lol:

lol, good plan.

Jim
20-04-04, 07:03 PM

please type in english, i can't understand most of that.

Hes from Portugal. I'm betting his english is better than your portugese :roll:

Jim

Stuart
20-04-04, 07:29 PM
your in brum, so im assuming when you say cue you mean QUEUE (learn to spell), so traffic is nice and slow etc, and at many times stopped.

ok so a car gets a little cosy to your back end, your practically stationary ffs get a grip, its not because your in a nova and people think "oh hes a boy racer ill sit on his bumper in a traffic jam" your not that special (although you do seem spekal :wink: )

if they were doing it while you drive out of traffic then, yes get hacked off, but ive found that the easiest way to get rid is the put your left foot everso gently onto the brakes (but not too far to apply them) the lights come on but no braking is done, since most novas have pleanty of play in that linkage lol.

Euan
20-04-04, 09:59 PM
buy a baby on board sticker. sure it'll be cheaper than a flame kit 8)