PDA

View Full Version : A word of warning

joff-turbo-nova
19-04-04, 10:18 PM
Right all,

I was very reluctant to post this mail but due to increasing frustration I have now felt the need to shame those involved.

This all relates to car parts (especially nova bits) and is a word of warning to you all. If you take my advice I would avoid these guys at all costs !!!!

Case 1

You may recall that there was a staff writer on Redline magazine called Malc (real name Matt Shaw - email poshmalc@hotmail.com) who was selling a couple of mk2 Nova wings with vents stamped in them . I paid him for these wings including postage - funds cleared my bank account at the end of October 2003 - since then I have chased both via email and recorded delivery on literally dozens of occasions - many excuses no goods or refunds - Malc if you are reading this -GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK - this guy lives in Bath - if any one is local and fancies "calling round for a chat" you are most welcome.

Case 2

A little more recent this one - I was after a set of mk2 headlamps and a lad called Euan Mcgregor (email euanmac_uk@yahoo.co.uk) was advertising a pair on Novaload and Migweb - contact made, cheque sent, funds cleared my account at the end of January'04 . On clearance of funds I waited a week for my headlamps - nothing arrived - I contacted Euan and was told he never had my cheque - I got hold of a copy of my cheque which showed his account name and number on the back - he then agreed he'd had the cheque and would send the headlamps - this was the beginning of February'04 - again after many emails - still no headlamps - Euan if you are reading this - WHERE'S MY HEADLAMPS????

Case 3

This one really annoys me as its been dragging on for the longest time - July '03 to be precise - there was a guy on migweb called Shinnee who did a chrome plating service . His real name is Martin Dye and he lives in Harlow, Essex (email shinnee64@hotmail.com ) I sent him some nova parts (mainly new parts consisting of door & tailgate parts and bonnet catch mechanisms) and paid him good money to have these chromed and returned to me. Parts and a cheque were sent in July '03 and as I was in no rush at the time I didn't really chased them up till the end of August . Since then I have excuse after excuse and since January has completely ignored both emails and recorded delivery letters - Martin if you are reading this - I WANT MY PARTS AND MONEY BACK.

So ladies and gents just a word of warning - there are some nice people out there - but there are some robbing gits as well - BEWARE!!!!

Joff :x

Breeny
19-04-04, 10:31 PM
Hi there Joff,

I too am waiting for some thing from Malc, I have been since October.

I'm currently at the stage where he says he coming up to visit his parents who live nr me soon... Funnily enough I don't believe him. I have his address so will be paying him a visit soon. Want me to pick up your wings whilst I'm there?

There are numerous members on here that have been conned by him, just wait for the stories.. lol

Fester
19-04-04, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear that Joff, theres some fucking wankers about. Unfortunately for genuine people who are new (everyones new at some point) I only buy stuff off long standing people who I've met in most cases anyway.

Ste

Breeny
19-04-04, 10:41 PM
Screen shot from my saved emails...

This is not all of them, I couldn't fit them all on one screen :roll:

http://www.breeny.co.uk/malc.jpg

Ian
19-04-04, 10:58 PM

does malc still work in journalism now?

Breeny
19-04-04, 11:05 PM
He does Freelance work for Redline but his main job is shop assistant in Next or TopMan according to Dan (from Redline.)

BigRuss
19-04-04, 11:24 PM
Sorry to hear about this mate, some people just take the piss!!

Myself I would jump in my car and drive to wherever these people lived, distance no object. I'd be fairly confident of either getting My money/goods back or gaining personal satisfaction. :wink: :evil: :wink:

Ben
20-04-04, 12:01 AM
I live probably closer than most to malc and have bought stuff off him, if anyopne is coming down i can help with showing people the place as is quite a tricky road to navigate.

2litreturbo
20-04-04, 06:20 AM
Joff

I'm not to far from Harlow so if you want me to visit Martin i'm up for that.

Let me know

Neil

vectraman2
20-04-04, 07:16 AM
Hi guys 1st post on here but im doing a bit of debt collecting at the moment,
I went to visit the guy who owes me the money even advised him I would visit, He didn?t appear but later on he contacted the police as I had visited his property uninvited, also he claims that text messages and phone calls are threatening how can someone who is asking for there money back be threatening surely you have a right to ask for your money back,
I have now given him a day and time, which he has accepted but claims that he wont be there but the police will wtf
I said for him to come with the police and bring my money,
So be careful whom you visit without an invite lol
It cost me ?40 in fuel the 1st time but to be honest I hate being ignored and it?s not about just money now he is really taking the Urine out of me,
I will let you know what happens Wednesday,
If anyone is in or around Ealing Wednesday and fancy a laugh then e-mail me and I will let you have my mobile number,
I really hate people who rip you off and then hide grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Sorry to babble.

Brett

2litreturbo
20-04-04, 07:41 AM
YOU have to do it the right way. Contact them at least three time by letter (must be recorded delivery) over a three week period. Keep a list of ALL telephone calls. Print off a copy of all corespondance including his initial advert and emails exchanged agreeing price and payment instructions.

Then go to your local county court and get a Small Claims Court Application Form

They wont even look at a case unless they believed you have tried to sort it out PROPERLY yourself. Phoning up and harassing them wont do you any favours

Jim
20-04-04, 07:58 AM
Sorry to hear that Joff, theres some f**k w**k about. Unfortunately for genuine people who are new (everyones new at some point) I only buy stuff off long standing people who I've met in most cases anyway.

Ste

Well, I'm currently being let down by someone whom I thought I could trust.

Shame that there are people out there that don't give a f**k about anyone other than themselves.

Jim

Freak
20-04-04, 11:40 AM
Malc is a penis

The others i dont know, although i know Shinee uses migweb-that might be of some help. I seem to remember him stacking his astra not too long ago also.

Riggy
20-04-04, 05:22 PM
sorry to hear that joff happend to me a couple of times now so i only buy of people who i can meet up with

(ps them seats are all in now and car is back on road cheers)

Sleeper
20-04-04, 06:09 PM
Malc is a penis

The others i dont know, although i know Shinee uses migweb-that might be of some help. I seem to remember him stacking his astra not too long ago also.

Oi thats Spankee who crashed his car .......was a sad day..

Sleeper AKA Spankee

xX NoVaBoY Xx
21-04-04, 01:36 AM
If u still need some headlights i got a set of mk2 ones kikin in shed i think u can have if i can find them for cost of postage.

jaygsi
21-04-04, 11:38 PM
i trust know one if i'am buying i meet with the person and colect the goods that way

Jules
22-04-04, 01:25 AM
Malc is a proper cock!!! I got m Softstars off him - eventually!!

Luckily for me he was still at Redline at the time so I was getting into the habit of emailing / phoning him at his work place which I think annoyed his bosses (Like I care!!)

At the end of it all I'd pretty much given up the hope of getting my wheels or my money back - then my missus started to ring him up and ask what's going on - and she's like a dog with a bone onc she gets going - she wouldn't let go of it and was having a right go at him down the phone - swear words, name calling the works!!!
:lol:

My wheels did turn up in the end, but in less that the excellent condition that he'd described, 2 of them were heavily curbed (They were filled and sprayed - I was gonna get them sprayed anyway) and due to how he'd 'packaged' them (One wheel in a black bin liner - no other protection) the'd slid around - face down - in the back of the couriers van on their journey from Bath to Ipswich, like I say luckily I was getting the sprayed grey anyway or I'd of been REALLY pissed off!!
Oh and the "4 good tyres" were infact 2 on the legal limit and the other 2 with about 2mm left on them - 4 new tyres then staright away on top of the cost of the rims. :x

Malc - twat - **** - toss.

jules

AnThoNYnOvA
22-04-04, 10:08 PM
you would think that with working for redline the should set an example out, it makes car modders look like twats

Flairing Nova
23-04-04, 04:52 PM
I had problems with this Malc muppet. AFter numerous emails i tried the old 118 118 jobby - never had his number! So i wrote a letter to the g*mp and he emailed me back saying i dont have a cheque book, gave him my bank details and a week later my money was back where it belonged!

People annoy the hell outta me - some guy did it to me off ebay too - ?100 plus many a texts and phone calls thats cost me; still waiting for the tailgate after 8 months!!!!

Xs

CP
24-04-04, 09:54 AM
Bad luck all of you.

I had a chastening experience some years ago which opened my eyes as to how to deal with people who owe you money/goods.
I got involved with tyring to help promote and organise a machinery tackle ring in my area which is a kind of database of farmers and contractors with the aim of cutting machinery costs for all.

I didnt realise it until too late but the manager running it was skimming the main account. Eventually after lots of crap happening he did a runner and I found myself having to work out what had happened and deal with a lot of irrate people.

He had skimmed about ?140k by robbing peter to pay paul over about 18 months. The main peeps to suffer were a couple of major tractor hire firms - they were owed about ?75k between them. Some however came out ok and they did it in 2 ways:

1. They were always organised and prompt with their officework and never let anything ride giving the impression that they were on the ball so it wasnt worth trying to diddle them.

2. Once they were owed or there was a query over some owed money they NEVER gave up. Typically a prompt phone call would happen followed by another a day or so later followed by another a day or later. In this time written communications were sent detailing exactly what was owed for what and when. This was kept up and then after a couple of weeks or so a visit was arranged etc etc and then after about a month final demands were sent with the threat of court action. In the main it worked.

My advice is if you are gonna buy and sell off places like here:

1. Try and deal with peeps you "know" off site - easier said than done but watch your back with relative strangers to the sites.

2. Get all their personal details and imply that you will come and fetch stuff even if you dont think you will be bothering. A postcode will get you a map of where they live - use streetmap.com or the AA site etc.

3. Try and buy "local" - its a lot easier. Or arrange to deal at a car show etc

4. Dont send your parts to private individuals to be summink like chromed - best find somewhere local to you out of the yellow pages - they maybe more expensive but at least you will get it done ok.

5. If the stuff is expensive take a bankers draft or building society draft with you when you got to get the stuff. If you have decided to send cash or cheque ahead for banking, check exactly when its due in his hands or cleared and be there as soon as possible to get the goods. If a lot of money is involved DONT go and meet up on your own with a wad of cash.

6. Dont communicate solely via texts or e-mail/pms. At the earliest stage talk directly and make sure you have a good long chat about cars or summink so you can gauge whether he is just a fast talking bullshit merchant.

7. Maintain communications at all times - be clear and firm over what you want to happen but make sure the arrangements are fair. Make it as easy as possible for the deal to go ahead - lots of buggering about will only encourage the other person to not bother.

Hope this helps

CP

mikeoxford
25-04-04, 12:45 AM
id like to to CPs guide - make sure you send things recorded delivery or via a courier thats tracked.

royal FAIL arent what they used to be........

ade
28-04-04, 12:07 AM
lol at royal fail!

Yer peeps that rip u off should be named and shamed. Too much of it going on.

Speaking of which - Mike! Wheeres my carb manifold I bought from you at trax last year! You slung it away then or is it in the garage still!!!???

:lol: :wink: :lol: 8)

Only jokin!

mikeoxford
28-04-04, 12:30 AM
lol at royal fail!

Yer peeps that rip u off should be named and shamed. Too much of it going on.

Speaking of which - Mike! Wheeres my carb manifold I bought from you at trax last year! You slung it away then or is it in the garage still!!!???

:lol: :wink: :lol: 8)

Only jokin!

:lol: u aint gimme ur address for your new house! and you aint been on here for howwwwwwwwwwwwww long!

Barn
02-05-04, 06:21 PM
make sure you get their address....if they don't return whatever it is their supposed to...go to the address and beat f*ck out of whoever owes u the money.

nearly done it twice already dealing with people on various forums.

angel_vickie
03-05-04, 05:35 PM
Y do they have to do it.....its soooo hard to sell stuff on the net coz ya cant trust anyone (coz of the wa**ers who mug everyone off) If anyones ever going to have it out with one of these wa**ers then feel free to mail me....im up for a row lmao.

Angel_Vickie :snipersm: lol