PDA

View Full Version : need more bass in my car

baha_guy
19-04-04, 07:06 PM
I have a 15'' Sub witch has a built in amp and 2 6x9's witch goes to a amp. But i dont get as much bass as im hopeing for is there any way i can get some more bass in to my car with out spending to much...

.....Thank you......

srs1
19-04-04, 07:18 PM
have you sound deadened the car. have you played with the bass boost switch (if amp has one) have you altered the frequency. set the amp for lpf. increased the amps power?

is the box facing to the rear of the car. is it in a solid sealed box.

is the amp a mono block or a 4 way job.

Stuart
19-04-04, 07:29 PM
if you listen to anything else but RAP/RnB then you wont notice much bass, due to the speaker being soooo big tht it cant keep up with the music. eg trance etc needs 2* 10" as they are quite nimble and punchy etc

General Baxter
19-04-04, 09:33 PM
as cambridge says. run 10" subs as well im doing that and they go crazy when i play anything

2x 10" subs
1x 15" sub

6 x 6x9 3 way speakers

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1401big3.jpg

baha_guy
19-04-04, 09:53 PM
I got someone i no who knows about sub & amps to set it all for me and he set it should have good bass. But i dont think it does

i lisson to dnb trace garage. etc

The boxs is facing the back seat because when i got it all put in by a shop thats the way they put it.

yes it is in solid sealed box with a built in amp on the side...

Adam
19-04-04, 10:12 PM
The best advice is really what has been said,
if you listento heavy bass line music(R&B/Rap) then get a big sub.
If you listen to quick music (trance/Techno) then little subs can vibrate faster keeping to the tune better.

baha_guy
19-04-04, 11:00 PM
HOW WOULD IT SOUND IF I HAD A 12'' & 15'' SUB

baha_guy
20-04-04, 08:15 PM
HOW WOULD IT SOUND IF I HAD A 12'' & 15'' SUB

:arrow: :?:

Adam
20-04-04, 08:26 PM
If you are gonna have two subs then they have got to be the same size. If they are different the will produce difference response frequencies etc, so they would be kinda out of phase.
Get two same sized subs.
Little subs for quick music.
Bigger subs for heavier music.

Cheeze
20-04-04, 11:41 PM
i have two 15" kickers in mine wi a 1000watt legacy amp, no that good and dance and that but see on low bass notes :D

Astra_Boy2004
21-04-04, 08:54 AM
you need a pair of 12's ran off a decent amp, 12's are a good alroundy for all sorts of music and will fit in your boot no problem

Ben

TheWeenie
04-05-04, 10:59 PM
Lose the 6x9s and just leave holes where they used to be.

Using different size speakers can work, but will only really be of any benefit if you have them playing different frequencies...i.e. use a pair of 8" drivers and XO them at 50Hz, then run a larger sub from 50Hz downwards (or something along those lines).

I would be looking more towards the quality of the sub and amplifier used to drive it than worry about different, multi-woofer configurations.

TW

Onnie
04-05-04, 11:25 PM
I have a 15'' Sub witch has a built in amp and 2 6x9's witch goes to a amp. But i dont get as much bass as im hopeing for is there any way i can get some more bass in to my car with out spending to much...

.....Thank you......

which sub, which amp? and what box is the sub in, sealed, ported, bandpass??

if its in a sealed box, you can try a ported box, but this needs to be made properly but done right u will definately get more bass, and lower as well.

when u say the amp is built in, im guessing you got a readymade active sub/amp combo, like the vibe ones?

if its a active combo then thats the reason ur missing some bass, the amps they usually pair with the sub is gutless..

also why are your 6x9s amped up??? where do you sit?? exactly! amp the fronts up instead, this will make a huge difference.

:)