PDA

View Full Version : Update on cicumstances

Anonymous
19-06-01, 03:19 PM
Right, got my provisional through this morning, so i'm booking my theory test ASAP. Then i'll book my driving test and hopefully be on the road in around 1 month.

Right, i've just had a quote from CIS on a 1.5TD nova for ?1200 TPFT, which isn't a complete fisting (considering i've got an IN10 with 6 points and 0 NCB and 18 years old), but i'm probably gonna go on my dads insurance or put the car in his name and get him to insure it and put me as the named driver, just to get the costs down a tad (i know i wont get any NCB from this, but feck it)

how much cheaper will my insurance be...do u rekon it'd go down from ?1200 to about ?800 (if i'm lucky)?

Also, Ashley Zorsts are loud as feck yeah, so do u rekon a TD with Ashley zorst would get a nice 'RS with a scorpion zorst on" growl? (obviously the diesel engine will interfere with zorst noise, but would it sound nice? i think the Ashley zorsts have a 2" bore...)

cheers

Anonymous
19-06-01, 03:25 PM
Ged you may get cheaper insurance insuring in your dad's name but if you fit an ashley exhaust they'd soon work out who the main driver was. And not declaring it could be classed as another IN10.

Be careful mate.

B-)As long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!
B-)

Anonymous
19-06-01, 04:04 PM
the insurance is loaded to the highest risk driver
ian will back me up on this

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
19-06-01, 04:13 PM
yeah i know it wont be cheap, but if its a couple of hundred squid lower i'll do it...

i'm just thinking of ways to minimise damage on my ring picece from insurers...

if not i'll fork out ?1200...but that's a lot of cash and i'd rather find a legal way to making it cheaper..

Ian what could i do? will registering my car in the old mans name and getting him to insure it, with me as a named driver on it be cheaper than the ?1200? I can't remember what it was but i probably wont be able to do this cos a named driver can't use the car more than the MAIN driver...or summmit like that

any suggestions ian? (without making a sarcastic or pi55 taking remark ;))

[-pedburnout.gif-]
Smoke that valver
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
19-06-01, 05:03 PM
What sarcastic like, "with all that spare time waiting for court dates I would have thought you might have learn't how to type" !
Circumstances ! lol

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
19-06-01, 05:12 PM
probably me not looking at the keyboard when i'm typing...

[-pedburnout.gif-]
Smoke that valver
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
19-06-01, 07:30 PM
The insurance policy doesn't state who has to drive the car more.When I got pulled I was asked who the car was insured for.I said my mom but I drove it.the can't touch ya for it ) (me thinks) the only bad thing is when ur with ur mates and u have to tell any police that the car is ur moms.(full respray lowered blah blash blash) is a tall story for a fifty year old woman!!

My Car is for sale!!!!!

Anonymous
20-06-01, 03:06 AM
My Sister wanted to get her Fiesta insured in my Dad's name and she'd be a named driver, but the insurance companies are catching on to this, and now automatically base the cost on the highest risk.
I'm not sure if all companies are doing this, but if they are, it means it makes no difference if you're a named driver on your Dad's insurance, or you've got your own policy in your name.
In the end, my sister got her insurance cheaper having her own policy!

Anonymous
20-06-01, 09:49 AM
If the insurance company can prove that you (as a named driver) have driven the car more than the policy holder then you are stuffed...but that is rather unlikely to happen...

:)

Anonymous
20-06-01, 02:40 PM
if you drive the car more than 3 times a week they class you as the main driver. thats y i had to get rid of the ren 19TD (loved her).

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
20-06-01, 03:29 PM
i am insured with cis on my moms name with "any other driver under 25", so i aint named but can drive it. i am 18 now but have had this since i passed, only cost me ?400 on a 1.3sr, with no mods at the mo, but cis dont care about exturnal mods... and i pay monthly which is an added bonus. Definatly worth it for the money you can save.