PDA

View Full Version : Castle Combe this Saturday (24th April)

NovaNeil
19-04-04, 12:37 PM
Hello, Just letting you all know about the Castle Combe Action Day this coming Saturday....
For those of you who don't know, its basically a trackday open to the general public, where you can pay ?25 to take your car for a spin for 5 laps of the race track.... Its an ace day out... and a great chance for you to put your car though its paces, and as its only 5 laps you won't be eating tyres and brakes too much....... :lol: Well some might.

Hope to see you there,

Neil

P.S: its in Wiltshire for those who don't know.

Ben
19-04-04, 01:42 PM
Would love to go up again this year but think were doing an engine swap this Saturday.

Never knew it was classed as Wiltshire though.

m.d.
19-04-04, 05:06 PM
is this acctually happening cos i thaught there would be more interest than this.!!!!

does this happen often or is it just a one off

Ben
19-04-04, 05:32 PM
It was usually organised by CCC magazine but as they have folded dont knopw who is sponsoring it this year.

NovaNeil
19-04-04, 08:34 PM
Its twice a year... once in June and once in April. Its usually called a CCC Action day, but due to popular demand, Castle Combe is holding the event themselves as mentioned because CCC is no more.

Come on! There must be more of you attending than just me....... anyone?

Neil

Philsutton
21-04-04, 02:25 PM
im thinking of going, can you just turn up on the day and pay to go on the track or do you have to pre book it? Would definately like to have a go though.

NovaNeil
22-04-04, 12:05 PM
Yes mate, you can book in advance, but most just turn up on the day. Hope to see you down there.

Neil

Philsutton
22-04-04, 07:08 PM
yes i am definately going now, got to set off at bout 6 though to get there in time. Im guessing i need a helmet of some sort?

benji
22-04-04, 07:32 PM
do you need both parts of your driving licence for these sort of events?(santa pod) or is just the card ok?

NovaNeil
22-04-04, 08:40 PM
Just the photocard will do....

Helmets are available there.... about ?13 to hire on I think... Or you can bring your own.

Philsutton
22-04-04, 10:12 PM
well im a bit tight so i aint paying 13 pound, i have got one just a bit tatty.