PDA

View Full Version : Dash lights

Tazzy
19-04-04, 09:42 AM
both lights have gone out behind the instrument consol!

thing is, one side went out a few weeks back, then the next day came back on, then the other side went out, then came back on, now both have gone out!

so i can understand that theyve blown, Q is, how do i change them?

cheerz!

Jack
19-04-04, 09:51 AM
Mk1 or Mk2?

Tazzy
19-04-04, 07:05 PM
sorry, i should of stated, its a mk2

Adam
19-04-04, 07:13 PM
I think it is just a case of undoing the instrument panel and then just putting some new bulbs in. Are they the original bulbs that you have got in.
They may have just blown because they were knackered or it could be a fuse knackered some where.

MechaT
19-04-04, 07:59 PM
get to the lights with a star screwdriver by unscrewing the instrument clocks shroud, then undoing the tray thingey to the left of it directly above the heater controls. I assume thats where you meant. all the lights that come on with headlights are on the same loom so if a fuse goes, they'll all go out.

Jack
20-04-04, 10:38 AM
you only need to remove the instrument shroud, not the centre vents. There are three screws holding the dial cluster in place, top and one either side. Cluster then tips forward and you can reach behind to unscrew the bulbs. You could remove the cluster completely, but you'd have to mess about unplugging the wiring loom and speedo cable.