PDA

View Full Version : !!!! Some body save me before i go INSANE !!!!!!!

banny2k
18-04-04, 05:54 PM
Long story short put a 1.6 gte in a 1.2 shell. It works or shud i say it starts. apart from timin need adjusting i got two problems that have bugged me for the last time.

One is the gear linkage!!! My god this annoys more than a woman does. Ive tried and tried but it will not go right for me. I put it in reverse it goes forward ... funny in a way but aaaahhhh. i have tried doin it from scratch using a 6 ml drill bit and aligning it myself. Once aligned i ask mi good old dad to hold the gear stick to the left on lign with the notch and put the dam linakge back on. Hey presto cus sods law hates me it dont work so any advice wud be FANTASTIC.

Second is i thought my water pump was in pump heaven but i was wrong. it pumps but: 1 ... the car is not pickin up the temp. 2 ... the fan dont kick in.

I have replaced the temp sensor with the one form my old car cus i no that works n still no luck. Yes i do have the temp wire on the sensor just in case haha. Can anyone tell me where the clip on the fan wires go to? is it the wiring harness or of to the car somewhere? Basically do i use the same clip from my 1.2 wiring?

Cheers folks

Aragorn
18-04-04, 06:11 PM
soudsn like the engine thermostat is jammed open

my bro's car refuses to go out of the blue bit if its being driven although 10mins in a drivethru queue sees it heating up like normal

might wanna try that yourself

as for the gear linkage what youve said uve done should work - make sure your simply resting the stick against the left side and not pressing down while pushing over or you'll align 1st to where reverse should be :P

banny2k
18-04-04, 06:30 PM
what about my fan problem? The thermostat is in a bitch place too so is there an easy way to un block it?? like give it a whck or something before resortin to takin stuff apart?

Cheers

Aragorn
18-04-04, 06:40 PM
fan wont run untill it gets hot enough?

try shorting out the wires to the fan switch on the rad and see if it runs

if NOT then its either a dead fan or blown fuse

scott s
18-04-04, 10:46 PM
ok well first was ur old gearbox a 4 or 5 speed coz if it was a 4 u need to swap over the full gear linkage as in levera nd rod under the car... coz they are differant and as for the fan u might want to do as aragorn sujested short out the fan and see if it runs if so cool check out the wirein to the plug..

banny2k
18-04-04, 11:38 PM
does the fan plug wiring attach to the wiring loom on the engine? if so where? i have put the old plug on it but that could run of to the old ECU? Can anyone tell me that?

scott s
19-04-04, 12:03 AM
no its off the actual car loom along with the horn wires if im right....