PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

mac1284
18-04-04, 02:51 PM
hay all need some help where would be the best place to get coilovers!! the best price iv been given is ?530 for the AVO what do every 1 eles think

mike

CP
18-04-04, 09:38 PM
Avo are about the cheapest. A lot of peeps have had them and not been too happy as they can leak and stuff. I think the new range looks better than the old stuff. I'm not sure if they are really the best choice if your car is a road going non competition type car

Philsutton
19-04-04, 11:01 AM
i have them on mine, its not a very comfortable ride but do handle well. If you use it a lot on the road you could soon get p***ed off with the constant bouncing around and skipping over the gay roads we have here.

NovaNeil
19-04-04, 12:40 PM
I've got the full kit (rear coilovers included) and I have no probs with them.... Handlings fine.... little rough, but you can drop the rear into the weeds! :D

loggyboy
20-04-04, 02:46 PM
I've got the full kit (rear coilovers included) and I have no probs with them.... Handlings fine.... little rough, but you can drop the rear into the weeds! :D
how did u get your rear coilovers on? did u mod/strenghen the rear strut turret?

Philsutton
21-04-04, 02:20 PM
they fit striaght on in replacement for the rear shocks

mikeyredtop
21-04-04, 02:38 PM
i didnt know there was any skinny enough to fit without inner arch mods at the rear

Philsutton
21-04-04, 02:43 PM
ive fitted quite a few set of Avo coilovers to novas/corsa and ive never really had a prob with them rubbibg the inner arch.

loggyboy
21-04-04, 03:42 PM
i have been told that 1.9inch coils will fit but may require sum minor mods. but ive also been warned that the strut turret is only designed to take 50% of the load (the other 50 % to spring mounts) so that the area should be strenghthened if 100% of the corner weight is to be taken there

_JH_
21-04-04, 05:29 PM
the area should be strenghthened if 100% of the corner weight is to be taken there

never heard that but I suppose it does make sense. If the rear is fully stitch/seam welded and a strut brace and/or cage in place I'm sure that would be enough. it probably depends on the cars age/use. road use probably isn't a problem.

m.d.
21-04-04, 09:25 PM
just stitch weld the turret seam like you would the front ones for a XE conversion. ive done it and they aint goin anywhere now. i strut brace would deffo be a good idea tho too.

Rick Draper
21-04-04, 09:32 PM
just stitch weld the turret seam like you would the front ones for a XE conversion. ive done it and they aint goin anywhere now. i strut brace would deffo be a good idea tho too.

I would want a weld in cage thet triangulates to the rear strut tops and a weld in strut brace if running rear coilovers as a nova shell is not designed to have any load put on the rear strut tops as they are not designed to be load bearing. Rick