PDA

View Full Version : memory loss??

tornadotiger
17-04-04, 07:51 PM
ive put a cd player into my car but the memory for the radio channels keeps re-seting any1 got any tips?? :idea:

_JH_
17-04-04, 08:04 PM
there's three wires that power the unit. earth, live and switched live. on most players the black is the earth, the live the yellow, and the switched live the red (I think, any clever boys on the electrics may correct me here). in the car they can be any colour depending on what car it is. (someone should be able to tell you whats what in your particular nova).

The live supplies your player with enough electricity for it to remember settings and radio stations, with the switched live letting the unit power up when you turn the key. you probably don't have it wired up correctly, although you may have a faulty cd player, or a dodgy wire. Can you turn the player on with the ignition switched off?

mikeyredtop
17-04-04, 08:06 PM
u will have 2 (+) live inputs 1 is 4 memory (red on nova loom) constant live, the other is switched (black on the nov loom) live so it goes off with ignition, u may have them on the wrong way...

Aragorn
18-04-04, 01:08 AM
yup cos vauxhall and audi/vw decided to swap the perm and ignition lives round on their iso plugs

swap em back and you'll be sorted