PDA

View Full Version : ashley full zorst system? good bad evil?

johnnynova
17-04-04, 11:57 AM
anyone got one of these on their nova? one with a 3" exit.

nice sound/ noticed improvement?

cheers

john

GTE-RACER
18-04-04, 09:40 AM
I had a Ashley system on me old 1.4SR, loved it for the 1st few months, then got very bored of the farting sound it made, plus it was very loud, 80 on the m/way soon does ya head in :-\

Save up and get somethin that will last longer and sound/look better, like a S/S Magnex :-)

Nath
18-04-04, 10:01 AM
i highly rate ashley exhausts. ive got one on my motor and do love it although i gotta admit it does your head in at top speed. still sounds good though.

srs1
19-04-04, 12:13 AM
love em love em and love em.

people know when your coming.
just get some decent speakers and you wont hear it

loggyboy
20-04-04, 02:53 PM
Have one on my SRi, full cat replacement. sounds great and at a recent RB meet every1 who heard it gave it a thumbs up.
Never noticed a huge increase in power, but unless u combine with filter, cam and head work ur never gonna see more than 4-5 bhp and ur unlikey to feel that sort of increase.
but 130 notes u cant go wrong :)

Nath
20-04-04, 03:20 PM
?130 isnt bad although i can have the full system with manifold for ?80 :lol:

Barn
20-04-04, 03:44 PM
^^^ only coz your bumming the owner, lol

are they mild steel? have you fitted your system yet jbobo?

Aragorn
20-04-04, 04:06 PM
yer they are mild steel

painted black tho so will last a bit longer than normal mild steel system

just ordered 2 for mine and me bro's car :)

should be hear tomorrow

loggyboy
20-04-04, 04:15 PM
yer they are mild steel
painted black tho so will last a bit longer than normal mild steel system

not strictly true, the paint isnt very heat proof so comes off quite easily, it helps but not much!. but for ?130 they arent much dearer than a standard system, especially if u have CAT!

Nath
20-04-04, 05:19 PM
paint hasnt come off mine, ordering one for the mini soon aswell. well ok i will just go down and have it from the factory. nahh its a case of my uncle knows the owner so discount :lol:

benji
20-04-04, 06:14 PM
i've had mine for over 2 years and it has been on 2 cars, 3 engines and about 9 heads. all the paint has come off the 4-1 but the system is ok. It is loud but not as loud as a peco bb2 or other crap that you can get. mine cost 200 including postage for the system and manifold from rally design

MechaT
22-04-04, 12:06 AM
Mate has an Ashley system with no mid silencer. Ridiculously loud and seems to be a mating call to cops cuz they always follow him about.
I had a Pace and it sounded wicked - mean but not too loud got loads of looks. Then it got nicked when I took it off my old car. Crap
Got a Peco now and I hate it. But its amazingly quiet. Just as well with close ratio box.

Nath
22-04-04, 09:38 AM
im having a remex exhaust is it or something like that? there in the demon tweeks anyway and look and sounds the bollocks.

isrs
23-04-04, 12:36 AM
yeah i got one on mine with the 3" end, sounds well good, nice and load. i set a car alarm off with it the other day.
going down the motorway is always fun carnt here anything at 100, no point in having a CDplayer.

isrs
23-04-04, 12:38 AM
by the way i noticed an improvement straight away.

j1400
23-04-04, 01:00 AM
I can't fault them I have a full hand built 4-1 manifold and 2.25" ystem (twin box) with a 3" slash cut pipe.
they took the car in to do a protortype system for the.14/1.6XE and my car was guinea pig car, so got it cheap. made abtou 15BHp difference at the top but mainly because tb's and std manifold don't mix. But as it's a race manifold it gives it's kick around the 5.5-6k mark so not too useful on a nr std engine.