PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs

mikeoxford
17-04-04, 11:27 AM
already have a lowering kit on my car.

so dont need the shock absorbers as there fine.

want to buy new springs for it though along with polybushes all round to make it firmer.

reading up. (as no1 replied to coilsprings post :P )

i can only find Pi springs :?

theres 5 listed.

nova diesil /TD -50mm
base nova 35mm
base nova 60mm
nova sr/sri/gte/gsi 25mm
nova sr/sri/gte/gsi 50mm

now my car is an SR and lowered on a -60 GMAX BASE model kit i believe.

which one of the above do i purchase? or can anyone recommend even something diffrent?

it cant be any lower than the combination i already have.

is the sr 15mm lower? so im -75 in effect?

i could do with raising it a fraction, so 50mm or 45 would be a good drop for me.

coilovers are a bit too much expensive for my application. just want springs

mikeyredtop
17-04-04, 11:48 AM
trim height is lower on gsi/sr/sri, so there spring spec would say 50mm for example but on a standard nova would be 60mm drop, these drops would be the same spring but the drop is diffrent cause the standard spec is diffrent... thers plenty for sale on ebay.. to be onest i wouldnt go 4 60mm drop as ive had that b4 and its too low and catches the arch, front and rear, ive changed it to 40mm as they are coilovers. and thats ideal for track days off road etc, 60mm drop is for show only i would say, as it looks nice but is not good 4 anything else.

_JH_
17-04-04, 11:58 AM
I've heard good things about apex springs. and for polybushes, people say rally designs ones are good, but go to deflex.co.uk and they have a much much larger range, at a fraction of the cost of powerflex. I'm going to buy mine from deflex

Stuart
17-04-04, 08:47 PM
rally design supply poly bushes for a tiny fraction of the price that powerflex are, eg a full set for a nova from rally des will be the same cost as one bush from DT lol

but im not going to need bushes at all for mine ;) lol

_JH_
17-04-04, 09:12 PM
rally design supply poly bushes for a tiny fraction of the price that powerflex are, eg a full set for a nova from rally des will be the same cost as one bush from DT lol

true, true. but deflex are even cheaper. helpful when i rang them too