PDA

View Full Version : [VOTE]: How do you rate Nova's (overall)?

Anonymous
21-05-01, 12:03 AM
Are you happy with your car? Do you have any bad/good stories? Share them!

===================================
This message is related to the /content/index.asp#contentTop[|]poll
located on the main page, it was
automatically posted when the poll
changed! email kev@novaload.net for
any more info!

Anonymous
21-05-01, 12:06 AM
NO. its still a shed :)

[-rexyskittykatty.gif-]
Rexy@cruisenorthwest.co.uk

Anonymous
21-05-01, 09:12 AM
good points and bad points really. nova standard brakes are shit but the styling (exterior) is exellent. The styling on the inside however sux cock. vauxhall is a good overall make in my eyes i have also owned an astra and a cav,the nova is well the best. They are very easily 'moddable' so you can do alot with them.

Anonymous
21-05-01, 09:13 AM
the dictionary should be updated

Shed: nova

need any more be sed. i think not lol :)

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
21-05-01, 09:26 AM
its true

they are sheds now, what u expect from cars that are so old?

vaux didnt expect em to last long, so didnt make em that well...

Anonymous
21-05-01, 09:53 AM
i used to luv novas but latly so many things ave gone wrong wiv mine, i think......is it all worth it, so much money on an old car

but fuck it, i've sum this far, i may aswell carry on

chris

valver mutilater in a 1.2

Anonymous
21-05-01, 10:44 AM
I've had 5 days of my nova running perfectly, in the 3 months that i've had it. But those 5 days have been excellent.

But to be honest the unreliability has been down to the way i've been driving it.

When the engine is back together i'll treat it with a bit more respect :)

Yes i'm happy with my nova and i'll be keeping it for a few years yet, so it's a good job really.

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
21-05-01, 11:06 AM
nova??? what nova???

end of this year my friends...

:D City City RA RA RA, Leeds Leeds BA BA BA, Scousers Scousers... where's my car? :D

Anonymous
21-05-01, 10:00 PM
same with me as with cossie

pls i hate vaux water pumps!!!!! X-(

they r a bit old but there very good first cars.

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
21-05-01, 10:31 PM
Well, hitting 60 in just under 7 seconds is about the best bit about my nova!!! wiring pis*es me off the most about it!!!!!!!x-(

Anonymous
21-05-01, 11:11 PM
I recently got a set of GSi breaks from a 93' GSi and was told they would fit straight on my 90' 1.4sr as long as i had the GSi wheels to clear the larger calipers (which i already had). Got them fitted and went to take it out for a test run only to find i couldn't turn the wheels and had to get a set of 3mm spacers fit so the wheels could turn. Other than that there a crackin little car :)

Anonymous
22-05-01, 11:36 AM
I love my car even though she is a pile of rust, gonna check finances out when i have a yrs no claims and get sumthing different i think. :)

Anonymous
22-05-01, 05:31 PM
ste ive got some gte brakes m8 ill see if i get the same problem
Fookin hope not or i will be way Pissed

[-rexyskittykatty.gif-]
Rexy@cruisenorthwest.co.uk

Anonymous
22-05-01, 05:38 PM
u sure you got gsi wheels?
proper gsi wheels are diff offset to clear the gsi brakes

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
22-05-01, 10:27 PM
Whats good about them:
1. They still one of the best entry level "hot hatches" with a certain amount of street cred
2. They're light and agile and the engines pretty pokey against the competition of their age.
3. Relatively old technology so its easy to tune for real gain.
4. If you get a decent one with some nice wheels etc they are the nicest looking in their class.
5. If you tune them well they are the best fun for wasting larger opposition and making them look silly.

Whats bad about them

1. Brakes
2. Electrics such as petrol gauge.
3. Rust esp rear arches and front wings
4. Water pump positioning and cam belt adjusting.
5. Rear arch design and that poxy offset making putting bigger wheels on a real ballsache

Anonymous
24-05-01, 05:14 PM
so i've had my clutch cable snap 3 times.
i had the throttle cable come off the carb and stick it on full wack.
i've had the locks done 3 times,and the car stolen once.
i'm on my third engine, 2nd carb, still same gearbox but can i find 5th.

but dont u just luv em.
so easy to work on. ideal if u've got somethin else to drive as well

Anonymous
01-06-01, 01:45 PM
Im on my second Nova, the first was a SR which i bent the wishbone and now im on a GTE, but i love my motor! its not just a car, it's a hobby! -theres always something to fix on it! i drive it hard though, so i guess its my fault. Shite gear boxes though, i killed my last one and my mates all have nova's with whiney gearboxs. anyway, i love my cheap pocket rocket!

Anonymous
04-06-01, 04:22 PM
Im on my second nova first 1 was an sr,im now on a gte.Ive owned it for nearly 2 years now and cant stop modding it.Its a perfect blank canvas to create a masterpiece. NICE ONE VAUXHALL,but fancy having a silly offset.

Anonymous
09-06-01, 01:32 AM
vauxhalls and fords are all rust buckets but i have had my nova td for a year and no problems apart from rust f**king rust

Anonymous
15-06-01, 12:52 AM
My nova is my first car. Had it 2 years and just starting to come to my senses and improve its appearance. It's the most fun car to drive in the world i think. Driven loads of others but nothing compares to my baby, fairly quick for what it is, a little unpredictable around corners and not exactly winning the war against the dreaded rust but its mine, it goes and i love it.
THen again, apart froma couple of head gaskets and a handbrake cable nothings gone wrong yet. Might be singing a different tune in a years time eh.

** Please Don't Spank Me TOO Hard... I Didn't Mean To Honest!!! **

Anonymous
18-06-01, 08:04 PM
when rexy got his first nova (saloon) i laughed it was red and didn't go round corners as he proved when he hit a tree a 50 in it. he then upgraded and graduated to a hatch! how we laughed, this was also shit! (still beat ian though) this now is going to the scappers to be squashed into a little cube! all for the better. one less shitter.
chris

[-rexyskittykatty.gif-]

Anonymous
18-06-01, 08:06 PM
Booooooooooommmmmmm!!!!! nice one wilson lad...

[-rexyskittykatty.gif-]