PDA

View Full Version : V6 Brakes

YellowTurbo
15-04-04, 11:07 PM
I have got 16v brakes on my Nova at the minute but i want some better brakes i have been told that the best brakes to go for a V6 vectra brakes and thay can by bought from autovaux as a complete kit to fit on a nova for ?200.........has any one else fitted v6 brakes and how much of an improvement where they?

2litreturbo
15-04-04, 11:10 PM
definately worth it if a lot of your driving is at speed. You'll notice the difference when you try braking from 100+

novax
15-04-04, 11:27 PM
I have Vaux-MD brakes on mine, not suprising really is it, LOL. They are worth every penny but I'd rather you bought them from me :D

YellowTurbo
15-04-04, 11:46 PM
i dont mind where i buy them from mate, how much is the same kit from you?

YellowTurbo
15-04-04, 11:58 PM
infact i have got some cav 4x4 turbo front calipers are they the same as the Vectra V6 ones, i have been told they are the same......can i get pads and disks from you?

novax
16-04-04, 12:08 AM
Hi,

No your calipers are no good, sorry. We sell the kit for ?195 + ?20 shipping.

http://www.vaux-mddevelopments.net

We're modders just like you so nice to keep the cash in-house as it were :D

Aragorn
16-04-04, 12:30 AM
i had always thaught cav turbo and cav v6 used the same calipers as the vectra 2.0+ (aka "v6" although they are fitted to every vectra with engine bigger than 2.0)

Richyb
16-04-04, 09:09 AM
get some wilwood 4 pots now mate from rally design for under 500 quid, they are well worth the mony and have serious porshe performance stopping power. Failing that get some brembos 6pots racing kit but they cost nearly 1500 quid

novax
16-04-04, 09:24 AM
Aaragon - The calipers will bolt on but the alignment is different. We have a Cav turbo in our group and the V6 kit we sell won't go on. It's the hub size that's the problem there. I'll admit we've never tried using Cav V6 calipers with modded Vectra 288 discs on a Nova but just don't think it would work. But I'm happy to sell a set of discs if he'd like to try it. If it doesn't work then I'll sort a set of calipers for the same price as if a kit + a little extrs shipping.

Ben
16-04-04, 01:39 PM
Steve sell the cav turbo calipers for ?50 and put them towards a decent setup, V6 brakes are ok but weigh a bloody ton, mush better going for some wilwoods or Brembo's. Also worth looking at some AP's wich are cheap enough and readily availble from the right places.

novashed
16-04-04, 07:01 PM
the vectra discs are 288mm the cav/cally are 284mm thats why they wont fit.
have cav V6 calipers and discs on mine just need to redrill the discs to 4 stud, you also needa spigot ring making to take up size of the discs on the nova hub flange.

done mine for around ?70 , just got to get some spigots made up by an engineering company, easy!

dont mean to take business away from vauxmd though!!!, as you get shiny new form them which is a bonus if your into looks!!

YellowTurbo
16-04-04, 08:09 PM
ok ben you wanna buy them for ?50 :P

Ben
18-04-04, 10:23 AM
already got 3 x sets of 16v brakes about 20 sets of 8v brakes and a complete cav turbo setup wich are going on your old car :lol:

Snowface
18-04-04, 11:02 AM
what size rims will V6 brakes squeeze under? 15'?

Ben
18-04-04, 11:14 AM
cant see why not as the Vectra V6 early shape have 15" wheels on as standard, but it does depend wich wheels though i think.

so1o
18-04-04, 12:56 PM
V6 brakes from Vaux MD work a treat. Mind you i already had v6 calipers so i got the discs and pads from Vauxmd, in my mind they work fantastic. I did get fussy about the amount of travel on the brake but after a week you get used to it.

I do actually remember CP actually commenting on how good they worked compared to his Wilwoods. put it this way for ?200 you wont get better, first 300 miles your going to think wtf they dont work, let them bed in properly and then see, fantastic.

ps. vauxmd im after throttlebodies, any discount :P