PDA

View Full Version : What bearings?

2litreturbo
15-04-04, 11:03 PM
If you had astra hubs on a nova and were using astra cv joints on the outer, would you still use nova bearings?

I'm assuming the only difference between the nova and astra hubs are the number of splines.

cooper_nova
16-04-04, 12:26 AM
If you had astra hubs on a nova and were using astra cv joints on the outer, would you still use nova bearings?

I'm assuming the only difference between the nova and astra hubs are the number of splines.

neil i'd ask ur motor factors or vaux m/d if there is ne difference

2litreturbo
16-04-04, 01:29 AM
im gunna phone mtech in the morning. They are the ones that sell the big cv kit. They should no. I'm pretty sure there gunna be standard nova parts. Vaux md wont be able to give a definate answer. i'd need to see one of each and i bet vaux wont have one of each.

cooper_nova
16-04-04, 01:58 AM
im gunna phone mtech in the morning. They are the ones that sell the big cv kit. They should no. I'm pretty sure there gunna be standard nova parts. Vaux md wont be able to give a definate answer. i'd need to see one of each and i bet vaux wont have one of each.

lol yeah thats sound about right
p.s. neil i got a decent back box now!!! :P

mstarkie
16-04-04, 07:09 AM
have heard that you need to use vr6 wheel bearing from a passat estate (trying to check this out myself too for corsa ) or have the hubs machined to take the nova wheel bearings as o.d on astra hubs is larger

Ste_Nova
16-04-04, 09:21 AM
cut down astra hubs in nova bearings

2litreturbo
19-04-04, 05:13 PM
yeah cheers ste. Just figured it out anyway. Machined astra hubs with astra cv joints and nova bearings. Gunna do them this weekend!