PDA

View Full Version : help with my wiring...???

Euan
15-04-04, 01:06 PM
i have wired up eveything to my new sri (1.4) engine apart from the dash bits etc.

however i cant get the fuel pump to turn on when the ignition is turned i have tested the red/blue wire which runs to the pump and when the key is turned it sometimes reads very low volts or none at all. Have tested other wires at the fuse box and most seem to show a voltage. cant get my head round this really. :roll:

are there any earths i could have missed out or any other suggestions please.

any help welcomed

cheers

mikeyredtop
15-04-04, 01:16 PM
the relay on the loom, near the battery, should have the following wires going into it, black, red, blue/red and a brown, make sure red is live, black is live when ignition is on, and the earth is earth. the red/blue has a fuse in the fuse box...

Euan
15-04-04, 01:24 PM
i'll give that a try i had tested that before but didnt really know what i was looking. Where should the relay be earthed to?

Euan
19-04-04, 08:09 PM
***update*** :)

i have tested the wires on the relay the red/blue wasnt showing a voltage when cranking so i ran a wire from the brown wire on the relay to the - terminal of the battery.

the relay clicked and fuel pump turned on :?

does this show i have missed out an earth or something.

any help /advice appreciated!!!

euan

brian
19-04-04, 11:11 PM
is the pump earthed?
Once its earthed you only need to run the red/blue to the + of the pump and thats it.

Snowface
20-04-04, 06:02 PM
sounds like an earthing problem.