PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Companies.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 11:39 AM
Who are you lot with? any help appreciated.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 11:59 AM
greenlight 01277 263030

they will prob tell you where to go though as werent doing any more novas only special ones, eg like mine long ownership, full ncb, lots and lots of security.

[-iansUpToSomething.jpg-] <--- are you davo in disguise? (but obviously not as camp as davo!)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:02 PM
High Performance, they are a brokers and will find you the cheapest deal.

0208 9393948.

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:11 PM
im with tecos. and apparently im only going to do 3000 miles this year. hmm

Brokers are dodgy as fuck in my opinion coz they charge and extra ?50 or so for their piss poor service!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:18 PM
cheers, i'm having problems with companies not even quoteing me, let alone giving me a decent price!

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:20 PM
oooo, ooooooo, go to www.elephant.co.uk , they seem to be cheap, internet only insurance, gave me sum nice quotes like 800 tpf&t on punto turbo, mmmmmm, next year tho shalt be mine muhaha!.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:23 PM
well through high performance I'm paying ?800 tpft, at 19 with 1 yrs ncb, on a 1.4sr with loads of mods which have all been declared to the insurance company. I don't think thats too bad.

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:36 PM
Mark_D I just went onto elephant and got a quote for my ar at the moment, with no modifications listed they want ?1528 fully comp and ?1275 TPFT !!!! hahahhahaahhahha there SHIT !!!!! Which reiterates my point Breeny ring High performance, or if your over 21 call direct line insurance.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:39 PM
hmmmm, they were ok for me, had quite a few quotes, all been quite cheap, mine with no mods (14sr) they wanted 900tpf&t, 1150 fully comp.

Must be different for everyone, perhaps cos in diff areas, or ages r different?

Best thing to do, get yellow pages, ring em all.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:40 PM
sorry i forgot to say ive got a quote from CIS for ?1177 on a K reg SRI tpft. I'm 18, 1 speeding conviction (sp30), 1 claim (?45,000 - don't ask, 0 yrs NCB) would it make any differance if i chose a differnt occupation? i'm theoretically still a student but in September I will probably have a full time job? is there anything else other than cat1 alarm/immoboliser etc that will lower it?

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:44 PM
Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser will lower it a bit, how many points you got on your liscence ?

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:46 PM

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:48 PM
lmao...should i start on my licence situation?!?!?

Anonymous
12-06-01, 01:23 PM
big reeeeeespect (clicks fingers) to Geddy Boys footer...bo bo

[-pedburnout.gif-]
Smoke that valver
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
12-06-01, 01:28 PM
try www.easycover.com or www.easycover.co.uk not sure what one,
i am 17 with a 1.2 paying ?800 with tescos, i thought that was quite resonable,
oh and do pass plus saves u 10% with some insurance companies

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
12-06-01, 01:34 PM
pass plus is only valid within 1st yr of driving and if you have a claim it cancels it out anyway. (I was insured with tesco's on my previous 1400sr)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 02:09 PM
Breeny, your going to be looking to pay quite a bit, with a claim that size and 3 points and no no claims bonus, at 18. Its a pain in the arse but I don't think you are lilely to get muxh less than a grand, try some of the companies in the back of Fast Car and Max Power which say things like "Points on your liscence" or "Convictions" see what you can get, I wouldn't be too hopeful though.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 02:13 PM
3 yrs ncd
3 points
1 claim
Nova 2.0 16v
15k miles per year
with 16" wheels, lowered 60mm and astra brakes
no alarm, no imobliser, parked on road
?500 tpo
with adrian flux

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
12-06-01, 05:12 PM
No alarm, no immobiliser !!! which road do you park it on ?????

Anonymous
12-06-01, 05:13 PM
I am hunting for my insurance at the mo,best Ive been offered is from churchill,18yr old droiver,nova 1.2merit,competely standard;) kept on driveway,pass plus n licence for a couple o weeks,best so far is ?524.14 with churchill,everyone round ere says CIS or co-ops cool,but I cant get hold of em

Anonymous
12-06-01, 05:17 PM
0800 868 500 - CIS quotations line.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 06:06 PM
4 yrs NCB
No convictions
No claims
Parked on Driveway
1.4SR with 15" Alloys, Bodykit declared
Loads of Security, but they weren't bothered
?430 Fully comp, should have been ?390, but I took out NCB Protection aswell.
Thats with CIS, read above for number.

Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
12-06-01, 06:09 PM
?700 TPFT i accident and claim and 3 points 1.3 SR only 18 years old and only been driving for 1 year

Anonymous
12-06-01, 08:22 PM
i got a quote yesterday (one of auto trader) my 1.4 sr (j-reg) no mods declared! 3 points(sp 30) i smack, price tpft is ?5'530 they were aving a laugh me thinks

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
12-06-01, 09:10 PM
I was paing ?380 for a standard 1.3 sr (honest) with CIS (19 years old) but now I am on the hunt 4 insurance for a 2litre 16v. I recon I'll be going with Adrian Flux (if they insure people under 21!).

Anonymous
12-06-01, 10:35 PM
23 full ncb fully comp

?560 ish
greenlight
as ian says there taking no more novas or are they???????

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
13-06-01, 01:28 AM
Im with cis insurance and im payin 820 fully comp on a 1.3sr, 0 years ncb, that includes the 35% discount they gave me for pass plus

Anonymous
13-06-01, 03:17 AM
no frills whats there phone number? and how long you been with them?

Anonymous
13-06-01, 09:04 AM
mine parked on a road in wales

Anonymous
13-06-01, 09:21 AM
lmao @ no frills and nduckworth ;) stop pratting around you fool! ;) ive heard that CIS won't allow engine mods though?

Anonymous
13-06-01, 10:31 AM
CIS aren't good with any Mods in fact CIS are shit, if you actually read the insurance document, there are soooo many clauses, I was with them for a year and I wouldn't go back. O.K you might save a few quid but if you actually need the insurance and you find out its not valid because of soem stpid clause then its a waste of your money alltogether.

Anonymous
13-06-01, 10:38 AM
i thought they were ok with body mods, alloys etc?

Anonymous
13-06-01, 11:17 AM
Supposedly, but last year in November when my policy was up for renewal I decided that I would declare all of my body mods to them. They were fine about almost all of them saying that it made no difference to the premium, however when I told them that I had a GSI front bumper and GSI sideskirts they changed their minds, they then told me that because the car's exterior apperance would be that of a GSI they were going to have to match my premium to that of a GSI !!!!!
I thought, this is a load of bollocks, the moron I was speakingto obviously didn't know what the hell he was talking about, so I called again the next day and asked the same question to another person, they gavce me the same answer. I was still not sure that this was correct, so I used my telephone marketing experience to speak with the supervisor and the line manager who checked with their main office and confirmed that the information I had been given was correct. I couldn't believe it !!!! how shit are they. Thats when I started shopping around and found high Performance Insurance, their policy is very good and detailed.

Anonymous
13-06-01, 12:09 PM
errrm if it looks like a gsi the theft factor is increased so the premium is increased too.

and thefts are the biggest worries on modified novas.

[-iansUpToSomething.jpg-] <--- are you davo in disguise? (but obviously not as camp as davo!)

Anonymous
13-06-01, 12:12 PM
shite. they were my cheapest quote so far. im going to ring around tomorrow and see if i can get it any lower :) i'll let you know.

Anonymous
13-06-01, 12:36 PM
Breeny my Car(the one for sale!!) is agroup 8 I think.I bought it for my first car and a couple of insurance companies laughed at my dad and me!! Then I fonede Cis and was quoted ?750 on my mums policy tpft (50 odd years old about 4 years no claims i think) so as lon as u spent at least a week fonin every company in hte worlkd u will eventually get a good quote.Try tescos but they have ridiculus excess Cis seem good

My Car is for sale!!!!!

Anonymous
13-06-01, 12:40 PM
yep, i was quoted ?1177 on an sri with CIS. I was with tesco on my mk1 sr and it was ?1645 tpft. ive emailed you about your car Fraz :)

Anonymous
13-06-01, 12:45 PM
I'm with CIS and I'm ?445 TPFT for a 1.3SR

0 ncb
no points
all (abyss)bodykit mods and alloys declared

Anonymous
13-06-01, 12:52 PM
don't make your car sound fast!!! you not trying to impress the insurance company!!!
my 1.2i had
diamond alloys (same as gsi)
vauxhall stone chip protection (side skirts)
colour coded bumpers (painted std rear and gsi front)
flair spoiler (same as gsi)
so the answer is don't brag
the first ones i rang i said it was a gsi lookalike = ?????????
with the above options is was much cheaper

Anonymous
13-06-01, 03:19 PM
Thats a good idea Ste, but with the mods listed as that, they could get technical and claim that you aren't covered if you needed it one day, then you would be well and truly fucked. Because you would have wasted all that money on insurance and you are still not covered. I wouldn't try and lie to insurance companies, if you lie to them and have to claim on your insurance and they find out you lied about something or listed it as paint protection when they are really GSI Sidedkirts then they will say your insurance is void, they are wankers and will do everything possible to ensure that they don't have to pay out !!
If your going to fork out large sums of money for insurance (which you have to) then you may as well make sure that every penny you spend is covering your car properly.

Anonymous
13-06-01, 03:40 PM
err no....i wasn't lieing
they are listed as stonechip protection on the vaux computer :p

Anonymous
13-06-01, 04:14 PM
I don't mean just that, I'm talking about every little mod, it only has to be something minorly different from what they have listed and they will find a way to void your policy. If you have had any experience of this with insurance companies like I have you will know what Im talking about. I mean charging us these extreme amounts of money is hardly in our favour is it, so there not exactly on our sides here !

Anonymous
13-06-01, 04:34 PM
yeh but i met there is a differnce from saying
Q "is it modified?"

A "yeh it's got a fucking loud magnex exhaust with a 3" tail pipe"

to

A" i've fitted a stainless exhaust cause it's got a lifetime warrenty"

Anonymous
13-06-01, 04:38 PM
and of cause those are antibies clocks not gte ones ;-)
oh and those electric windows they are out of a luxe+ not a gsi
colour coded bumpers, yup off a club or a sting not a gte

Anonymous
13-06-01, 05:02 PM
yeah, but GTE bumpers are well different to sting and club one's? isn't Mr Insurance gonna just laugh when he see's them? ok the are colour coded, but they are a totally different shape!

I've got an idea...drive about without insurance...if you get caught...all they do is tell you off...I mean...LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!! NOTHING! lmfao (sorry, i'm not laughing, i'm crying) :(:(:(

[-pedburnout.gif-]
Smoke that valver
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
13-06-01, 05:06 PM
did u make a claim though ste when you insured your GSi look a like? did they see you had a GSi front bumper and not a 'colour coded standard one' and still not void your insurance?

[-pedburnout.gif-]
Smoke that valver
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
14-06-01, 09:16 AM
the bumper was smashed
isn't it all ways when novas crash?

Anonymous
14-06-01, 09:28 AM
lmao..not if it's rear ended? oooeeerrr!

[-pedburnout.gif-]
Smoke that valver
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
14-06-01, 10:44 AM
STE your brave parking your car on a road in wales with no alarm or imobiliser lol surely it must have little fucking twocers all over it. or is that just in swansea?? lmao

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
14-06-01, 12:45 PM
Recent best quote:
19 yrs old
Clean license and no claims
1 yrs no claim bonus
Garaged off road
MK postcode
I.4sr modified to 1.6 GSI engine + alloys
Me insured as well
?1160
Adrian Flux
On on unmodded cars CIS have given me the best quotes.

Anonymous
14-06-01, 12:59 PM
If you sound like a boy racing twat on the phone then they will load the premium. If you sound like a genuine enthusiast and not a moron then the chances are it may well be lower. I was my friends office while he was doing a quote for some geezer on a lancia. Standard he said. Fair enuff. My m8 stuck him on hold for a minute (he cant hear us but we can hear him), and while on hold he starts laffing with his m8 in the background about pulling the wool over the brokers eyes how fast it is and not declaring the mods etc. :D He didn't get a very good quote.....

:)

Anonymous
14-06-01, 01:19 PM
get this, my quote for just myself was ?1177 from CIS, i just re did it because i was bored but i put my dad as a named driver, guess what the quote cam out as!! ?1177!!! i can add my dad for nothing!!!

Anonymous
14-06-01, 01:29 PM
1160. That ain't bad. I'll have to ring them at end of the year when i want twin 40's.

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
14-06-01, 01:39 PM
Get it done this month. I've been told all insurance is going up around 13%(not the 25% as said in the recent news items) next month (July) Also the antifraud shared database thingey to catch uninsured drivers easier is going to start in July so get your stories and details straight as they will all be linked up.

Anonymous
14-06-01, 10:53 PM
23 Years old
-60 Sports Suspension
17`s
Cat 2 imobiliser (Clifford alarm fitted by me so not covered)
Induction kit
Gte
1 year ncd (wrote a car of 1 1/2 years ago, oops!)
Adrian Flux
&700 TPFT
Not bad really, until it gets tubo`d:)

Anonymous
15-06-01, 03:25 AM
23, clean licence, no claims
currently 4 years NCD (will go up to 5 in two weeks, when insurance is due for renewal!)
Red Antibes, 1300 SR engine
SR front bumper, GTE skirts, GTE rear bumper, standard rear spoiler (same as SR)
15" Vaux alloys, 195-45-15's, lowered 40mm,
Full Peco zorst
plus loads of other bits and bobs, all declared to the insurance (apart from my Weber 32/34 and SR sports seats - only fitted recently, so not bothered declaring them.....may as well wait 'till next renewal)
Alarm, CatII Immobiliser, Parked on road (Cul-de-sac)
?400 excess
(full spec, see www.novabug.com)

?250 TPFT with Performance Direct. (brokers). Actual company is Highway Insurance.

Anonymous
15-06-01, 08:57 AM
yeh lets get on the the names of the insurer not the broker
broker : adrian flux
insurer : highway

Anonymous
15-06-01, 10:01 AM
greenlight
and highway

Anonymous
15-06-01, 12:32 PM
Im with high Performance and highway

Anonymous
15-06-01, 01:30 PM
humm anymore??

Anonymous
15-06-01, 02:09 PM
Hmm. Anybody got a direct number for Highway?

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
15-06-01, 08:08 PM
I'm with Norwich Union. ?1400 fully comp on my J reg 1.4 sr @ age 17, not too bad!

Anonymous
15-06-01, 08:17 PM
Adrian Flux and guess what; Highway! Who`d of believed it?

Anonymous
16-06-01, 12:23 AM
Hum....interesting! So everyone uses Highway then.....definitely need a direct number for 'em.....wonder if it's much cheaper dealing direct?
I've got these numbers for Highway:

01473 257481 - number on their claim-form
and
0870 242 3300 - call centre number for reporting accidents

Anonymous
16-06-01, 07:52 PM
highway prob a lloyds team and wont deal direct