PDA

View Full Version : Speedo stopped

m4trix
14-04-04, 08:42 PM
hi, been a while here, right was driving up M1, went over a few bumps, then speedo needle just stopped working
checked the cable, with a drill, works. but the housing down on the engine doesn't turn?

anyone else had this problem? at the engine end, there is a plastic oval piece that has a bolt- that undoes ,but the plastic don't come off.

HELP!!! :?

1.3SR 1989 light mettallic blue.

Paulbrown
15-04-04, 07:50 AM
my speedo just stopped working to. i thoght it was the dash as the cable when spinned was still working but once i removed the old cable it was snapped half way down, it was still working becouse the spring inside was still contacting the other half. try replacing the cable but make sure you use a piece of string to find your way tho bulk head.

mikeyredtop
15-04-04, 11:24 AM
if the cables etc fine it could be the cog or its connections, they relace via 1 ten mm bolt... i think

m4trix
15-04-04, 11:16 PM
the 10mm bolt i took off, but can;t seem to get the oval shaped part which the cable treads on to?????

been driving round all week, guessing what speed am doing by revs.

HELP :?:

YellowTurbo
15-04-04, 11:25 PM
once you have taken the 10mm bolt out you should just be able to pull the part that goes in the gearbox

novax
15-04-04, 11:37 PM
This is a tight fit, it's about 3" long end to end. Spray it with WD40 and get some grips on it, it should wiggle out. If it's really tight you might have to get really brutal with it. Be careful not to lose the little end cog down inside.

2litreturbo
15-04-04, 11:45 PM
Be careful not to lose the little end cog down inside.

If you do, just turn the car upside down and shake till it comes out! lol :lol:

m4trix
16-04-04, 09:05 PM
cheers guys, will try at the weekend.

Adam
16-04-04, 09:27 PM
What, turning your car upside down and shaking it???
LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL :D :D :D :D

m4trix
18-04-04, 01:23 AM
well turning my car upside down might make it look better .

s*** it's raining .