PDA

View Full Version : Suspension setups 4 a c20xe!

Smoki3
13-04-04, 11:13 PM
What setups are people running with there c20xe?

Im thinkin of runinng coilovers at fronts, because of the extra weight of engine and G-max -60mm rear will my handling be affected in anyway!?

Any advice will be very helpful!

P.s i know the engine is heavier so i still want a good amount of handling!

Cheers

TUBZGSXR
14-04-04, 09:47 AM
im thinkin bout the same thing realy mate, ive got a shite set of shocks an springs at the mo, an the handlin is crap, light, an missplaced...some people say coilovers are to hard for the road, an get top spec shocks an springs, others say coilovers are fine, so i duno wot to think, a bloke off of mig said that the best ones to get are coilovers with a bump an rebound ajustment, but the only ones that i know of that have that are bilstien PSS9 kits an there nearly a grand!!

Aragorn
14-04-04, 10:52 AM
courtenays 16v kits are bilstein yellows (possibly revalved) with springs designed for the extra weight of the 20xe

so u prolly find getting some billie yellows and a set of either cortenay spings or someone like coilspring uk to make u a custom set would be the best way

Smoki3
14-04-04, 02:38 PM
i know wot u mean TUBS! people say so many different things u don't know wots is actually best.

Im getting a a pair of front AVO full adjustables , hopefully they will be ok

Richyb
14-04-04, 05:11 PM
i used spax non-adjustables lowered 60mm all round when i had a 2l 16v. This kit was v good and cheap

dathers
15-04-04, 09:44 AM
Im the guy from mig who told you about seperate bump n rebound shox,they are the ultimate shox as used on proper race cars etc.
BUT,are damn expensive!
On my nova XE i have bilstein shox on the rear with gmax springs,and gmax shox on the front with courtney 2lt springs(only ?52).
Poly bushes all round and the front antiroll bar removed,and it handles spot on.
I think when the front gmax shox are knackered im gonna go for bilsteins.
Have a look at courtneys site,there bilstein kits are good,or you could just get there 2ltr front springs for ?52.
Dave