PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster Custom Sports Car show attendees. PLEASE READ!

Chris
13-04-04, 10:50 PM
A message from South Yorkshire Police

?CUSTOM AND SPORTS CAR SHOW 2004?

South Yorkshire Police welcomes Custom Car owners and enthusiasts to this years Custom Car Show to be held on Doncaster Racecourse. We are very much looking forward to again meeting with true enthusiasts who have invested time, energy and money in producing unique vehicles.

Before going further, I would personally like to thank all of you who attended last year and helped this to become one of the best years yet in terms of policing. With the exception of a handful of car drivers who chose to race about the event was relatively trouble free, peaceful and free from crime ( only 2 reported crimes for the weekend!). The feedback from local residents was also very favourable. Last year I also deployed police officers on foot to mingle and talk with enthusiasts. This tactic was well received by those in attendance and is something that I intend to repeat this year.

South Yorkshire Police are committed to reducing road casualties in line with Government targets and we see a major contribution towards achieving this by robust enforcement of basic traffic legislation by focussing upon speeding, drink driving and seat belt legislation. The targeting of these three issues has been proven to significantly reduce road casualty figures and during the weekend of the event all patrol officers will be committed to enforcing these areas of legislation. We will use a variety of resources to achieve this, including the use of high visibility patrol cars and unmarked police vehicles. Both this type of vehicle will be fitted with video recording equipment. The South Yorkshire Police helicopter will also be available for patrol at key times and this is fitted with an array of technical equipment which most of you will be familiar with from viewing current TV programmes. The helicopter provides us with a useful opportunity to observe events on the ground when other resources may not be available.

The customised vehicles which visit this event are usually adapted and maintained to a high standard and as pointed out previously they are a credit to the owners and drivers. However, previous experience tells us that a minority of these vehicles, whilst appearing pleasing to the eye often fail to be maintained in a safe and roadworthy condition. For this reason we will be carrying out routine checks on vehicles and where necessary we will look to utilise the Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme and also legislation regarding the construction and use of motor vehicles.

It would be very beneficial if drivers of vehicles carried with them relevant driving documents for production to officers. (Please do not leave in unattended vehicles). This will minimise the length of time that any driver is actually stopped and will also lessen the need for issue of a form HORT 1 (Producer).

It also follows that the vast majority of visitors to this event are well behaved and cause no problems whatsoever. However, a very small minority have in the past caused nuisance to others and in particular to local residents and businesses. Previously during evening times, we have experienced groups of individuals gathering on car parks and also attempting to cruise in convoy around the town. Such gatherings and processions cause significant problems and we would ask for your co-operation in refraining from these activities. We would ask everyone visiting the show to bear the above in mind and to enjoy themselves but keep behaviour within the normal bounds of enjoyment.
Our specific policing intention with regard to this event is to prevent public disorder, prevent crime, minimise congestion and minimise disruption to community life, particularly that of residents and businesses in the immediate locality. Thank you for taking the time to read this information. I hope we can all contribute towards making the weekend as successful and enjoyable for everyone as it has been in previous years.

Dave Featherstone
(Superintendent Community Safety)

I hope everyone who is attending has a good weekend and stays out of trouble.

Chris

Ste_Nova
14-04-04, 11:39 AM
lol there is a cruise planned for friday night... like there is every year

epo
15-04-04, 07:31 PM
lol there is a cruise planned for friday night... like there is every year

the legal one look as if it'll be a gud un

Ste_Nova
16-04-04, 09:18 AM
what legal one :o

epo
16-04-04, 09:36 AM
http://www.donnycruise.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670

dan_mk1
16-04-04, 09:45 AM
that looks quite cool, i might make the trip up......

epo
16-04-04, 09:47 AM
i joined the site after chris16v showed the link about it in the events forum

wish i could go but i got kids all weekend
still never mind off to the show on sunday

dan_mk1
16-04-04, 09:49 AM
get rid of the kids to an aunt or summin, lol

epo
16-04-04, 09:53 AM
tried that one got rid of me daughter 4 sunday but jacks comin round with me and me mate