PDA

View Full Version : courtenay nova XE suspension??

TUBZGSXR
13-04-04, 06:01 PM
was lookin at the premium suspension for nova valvers on the courtenaysport web site, i think there blistein?? anyone know anything about these? anygood?
thanx

novax
15-04-04, 11:32 PM
The dampers are quite likely Bilstein, it's the springs they get made to fit a Nova and take the extra weight of the XE

dathers
18-04-04, 11:23 AM
Stop asking and get a courtney kit,you wont regret it.
They aint as low as some other kits but handle the best,which is what suspension is for!
Dave

TUBZGSXR
18-04-04, 01:12 PM
yea i think i will, phoned em up the otherday, fitting is ?165 Though! an an extra ?100 for full poly brushes fitted! si that a bit pricey for just the fitting!? i mean im, sure they will set it up realy well an that, but just wonderin if it would be cheaper to just get is all dilivered an fitted elsewere!!

Stuart
18-04-04, 03:03 PM
appart from maybe attempting to set the camber incorrectly, there is NO setting up required. ok so you will dial in the shock settings if they are adjustable.

but save yourself a mint anf it them yourself

dathers
18-04-04, 07:53 PM
Fit them yourself,it not difficult.
Have a good read of the haynes manual first.
Do the rear springs/dampers first to break you in as the rear is easier and you dont need the spring compressors.
You will have to borrow,hire or buy some spring compressors to fit the fronts though,you assemble the front struts off the car then just bolt them on.
Even if youve never done it before youll easy have it done in a day,Took me just more than an hour to fit mine.
Once fitted use the car as normal for a week or so to let things settle in,then go and get the tracking done.
And dont go to quick fit,go to a proper place with laser alignment!
The courtney kit(either of the two kits) might not be tarmac scrapingly low but it gives spot on handlingand isnt harsh or crashy at all.
IMO courtney must have done alot of experimenting with spring height/poundage and damper rates to get the handling as good as it is.