PDA

View Full Version : Help with a finishing touch for my Valver...

Will F
13-04-04, 04:40 PM
Continuing with the blue themem, under me bonnet, I decided on a nice set of blue HT leads for my X16.
Looked at Magnecor....... ?90 :o
Tried Megaleads, but couldnt find anywhere that sold them!

So your task is to gimme some links/more brands which manufacture blue silicon HT leads!

Cheers :wink:

so1o
13-04-04, 07:10 PM
Im sure i have seen a bloke on migweb selling Ht leads, i think they were magnecor ones aswell, brand new etc. Sorry cant remember his name but give that a try.

Jordi
13-04-04, 07:28 PM
since the standard ones work fine, why not just paint em?

peester
13-04-04, 08:17 PM
halfords can order mega leads but i don't think much to 'em. go along the lines of what jordi sed but buy ht lead boots that cover the leads up. available from demon tweeks you can get them in blue and they help keep heat off of em...?

Jim
13-04-04, 09:52 PM
get a set of normal ht leads, but get one of those covers for them (think they come on Astras). Paint it blue (or whatever colour you want) and bobs your fathers brother :)

Jim

dan16v
13-04-04, 10:25 PM
?90 just buy those then?

Ben
14-04-04, 12:49 AM
It is an Astra Engine going in Will's car and it has a plastic cover wich would cover 95% off what you see.

He has spent so long poncing about with his engine bay the car could have been finished months ago if he wasnt so fussy, so painting a set of normal ones just aint going to work.

?90 for a set of magnecor leads that add a whopping Max Power 5BHP gain arent worth it, no matter how much the magazines tell you so.

Megaleads arent bad at the end off the day a clean set replaced at regular points are worth more than paying loads for a set of "performance ones".

Nearly as good as "performance oil filters".

Will F
14-04-04, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the replys, but I cant see how anyone could pay ?95 (new quote with postage) for a set of Magnecor leads.
I will prob go down the Megalead route, as they must be exactly the same!! (Been quoted less than half ??)

Any other suggestions welcome :wink:

TWAG
14-04-04, 06:02 PM
Halfords do some nice blue HT leads, they look pretty good and are only ?30. Worth having a look.

Ste_Nova
14-04-04, 06:09 PM
i've got mafco pro ones... black :lol:

Ben
14-04-04, 11:25 PM
Halfords do some nice blue HT leads, they look pretty good and are only ?30. Worth having a look.

When he asked the guy in halfords he didnt know what a HT lead was :lol:

TWAG
15-04-04, 09:17 PM

When he asked the guy in halfords he didnt know what a HT lead was :lol:

LOL, Well you wana try my local vauxhall dealer..... They couldnt you which day of the week it is! :roll: :lol: