PDA

View Full Version : the roar of a v6

the nos boy
12-04-04, 01:58 PM
hi there to all you nova lovers :D :D

just wonderin i am plannin to stick a v6 lump in a nova hopefully as a project car

wonderin which one is better from a cavailer or a calibra

some one told me dat der were the same but just wont to double check

also how hard is it to stick it in there
i ant got mi nova yet sadly :( :( :(
as am only 14 and still savin the buckz up lol

could i do it myslef wid the help of mi cousin and dad?!?

cheerz your any replies

mark_GSi
12-04-04, 06:31 PM
get a licence first m8 :roll:

Philsutton
12-04-04, 06:53 PM
it aint gonna be an easy job

cooper_nova
12-04-04, 07:34 PM
alot of ppl say the v6 is too heavy to front mount in the nova

epo
12-04-04, 09:37 PM
good luck to u with it especially at 14 wish id bin in2 cars more at that age might actually have been a mechanic by now

but personally id go 4 the 2.0 16v route heard that v6's r problems

combattuk
13-04-04, 01:22 AM
u put a v6 in it u aint gona be drivin it till ya at least 21 insuranced will be through the roof on my old 1.4sr im 19 1 year drivin it was 1100quid fire and theft ur gona be lookin at v6 probly 3 liter they'll ;augh at ya. but its ur choice if its a show car and a project to work on then go 4 it it'll run good times on a race track lol

Richyb
14-04-04, 03:53 PM
it will be too difficult to fit a v6 into a nova and it will cost v much money. u have also got to take into considersation in 3 or 4 yrs time will you still even be interested?

The other guy is right about the insurance i pay nearly 2thousand to insure my 2.0 16 turbo and im limited to 1500miles a yr and im 20yrs old. you will not b able to get a modified car properly insured until u are 19 and even then it will cost you serious brass.

performance wise you might as well stick to the turbo becuase you will be able to achieve higher bhp if thats what you are after..........if you want the roar of a V6 you might as well get a corrado, they are pretty sweet motors and u will be able to insure a standard 1 when your 17 for a resonable 3-4grand..............the way insurance is going up nowadays u have prob got bob hope though....#

By the time your driving the worlds fuel reserves will have probably dried up :(

cooper_nova
14-04-04, 07:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol@ reasonable 3-4k!!!!! :o
:lol: :lol:

Jordi
14-04-04, 08:08 PM
get a licence first m8 :roll:

i agree with him, get a small car for ur 1st few yrs. if u gunna do it over 7 years go for it, but am sure somet else will take ur fancy

Adam
14-04-04, 08:11 PM
Only 14, i wish i started saving for a car when i was 14, instead i spent all my money on crap.
My advice is keep saving, forget about the v6 route, you would have to have some serious money to do that.
Get yourself a nice little 1.2, or a mint 1.3SR if you can find one. Then drive it for 2-3years,build up your insurance, drop in a 2.0 16v, and then you have a super quick mover. What more can you ask for.