PDA

View Full Version : 2l 16v good or evil?

wolf
12-04-04, 01:03 PM
I am thinking about droping in a 2l 16v into my 1.4 sr after f**king my cam. good or bad idea? heard some nasty storys but meant to be worth it?

Ste_Nova
12-04-04, 01:10 PM
evil... mine tryed to take my licence a few times... and also tryed to kill me :roll:

Aragorn
12-04-04, 02:42 PM
lol @ ste

there are folk who prefer small block engines for handling reasons and a small block WILL beat a 20xe round the twisties with similar levels of power

im not gonna get into this here as i personally havent driven both so couldnt make a fair choice - i just feel 50-60kg extra over the front wheels cant be a good thing

if you are going to do it make sure u get the bay welded up properly - yes u can do it without welding it but dont come crying to me when u start ripping your chassis legs to pieces

LiD0N
12-04-04, 10:43 PM
evil and scary

steve-o
12-04-04, 11:38 PM
evil, for the first few months,

ive had my valver for about 6/7 monthsd now, and TBH it doesnt even seem quick anymore.

when i fist had it it was frightening!, but now im used to it.

nelly16v
13-04-04, 01:02 PM
u got to make sure its all done properlly otherwise it will b pure evil. if its done well it will be alot of fun, ive had mine a few months now and i love it! :D

MK1_beastie
14-04-04, 01:11 AM
muchos fun :D

gotta be extra careful though, can turn out bad if you ain't

Richyb
14-04-04, 08:57 AM
if you get the valver you will regret this a few months down the line.........get a turbo

TUBZGSXR
14-04-04, 09:51 AM
ive had mine for a couple of months, an there great in a straight line, but u need to spend alot on decent suspension to get them handling less scaryly! specialy (as eveyone says) on the Broads...
mind u i stamped all over a Saxo VTS on the some Broads near Stevenage the other day an i had a passenger, an my hanldin at the moment is shite!! carnt be that bad i spose!
getin sum decent suspension soon anyways though..... :lol:

-Bruce-
14-04-04, 04:06 PM
i agree with aragorn 50-60kg extra on the front of a front drive car cant be good!! so if you are wanting more fun on the twistys then mod your 1.4 engine!! but if you want power/speed in a straight line then a valver is the way forward!! :D

novax
14-04-04, 04:52 PM
My 1.6 valve on TBs is wild....... handling is great and the power is nice and smooth. Go that way instead

Richyb
14-04-04, 05:10 PM
i wudnt go for a 1.6 becuse you are always hindered by performance. If u get the 2l turbo what ever u lose on corners u will make up in a straigh line but my turbo is really good on corners and round a track on nice avo coilovers.......fukin hard ride tho

dathers
15-04-04, 09:53 AM
They are no where near as bad as people say with proper 2lt rated springs on the front with decent shox and no antiroll bar.
I put an XE in mine with a gmax kit on it,the front end went down loads and it was bouncy as hell at the front,i bought some 2ltr front springs from courtney and removed the antiroll bar and it transformed the handling.
Dave

2litreturbo
15-04-04, 11:51 PM
i can see were getting back to the great anti roll bar debate. But there is no doubt, you can get the power down earlier out of a corner WITHOUT an anti roll bar.