PDA

View Full Version : Nothin' in her at all!?!?!

Cassie-Nova
12-04-04, 02:40 AM
Heya guys, am after some help and advice please :)

I have a Mk 1 Nova, its painfully standard...no radio, aerial, speakers - where it should be i have a dodgy looking shelf for putting "Parking Meter Coins" in..well thats what its called in the manual. It pops out easy enough. No wires ready for a radio, nothing. I can see a big bunch of wires cable tied together.

Now heres the question;

* Should I take a trip down me local ICE store who, if i buy the CD tuner and speakers(6x9's), they will fit the lot for about ?25...

* Or should i just put it all in myself?

The speakers wouldn't be a problem to fit and i could get em cheaper than the shop. Could get the CD Tuner cheaper elsewhere aswell. How much would all the wiring/facias/holder/aerial cost me roughly?

Is it worth the bit extra and get some one else to do it?
Or would i be saving my self me hard-earned to D.I.Y it?

Cheers guys.

epo
12-04-04, 10:23 AM
personally id fit it my self altho 25 seems a reasonable price

but its fairly simple all's need is a perminat live ignition live and an earth
thatll power it up then just run ur speaker cables in
the origional areal mounts on the drivers side wing but id fit a bee sting on the roof altho this means takin some of the roof lining down

srs1
12-04-04, 06:00 PM
i would get the fella to do it for you. ?25 and he is responsible for it if it goes wrong. i take it you are not very electrically minded. so for that reason pay someone.
but do the speakers yourself.

cooper_nova
12-04-04, 07:52 PM
?25 is a good price for fitting, try halfords as i know sometimes they do free fitting on hu's

Astra_Boy2004
12-04-04, 08:02 PM
?25 is a good price for fitting, try halfords as i know sometimes they do free fitting on hu's

you might save a few quid on fitting but you'll pay way to much for the actual head unit itself from halfords.

My advice would be to order a head unit from an ice dealer out of max power ect such as bass junkies and get it for alot cheaper.

www.bassjunkies.com

Ben

Cassie-Nova
12-04-04, 11:04 PM
I had thought about fitting the speakers and then taking it down for the HU to be fitted....but how would i know if i had fitted them correctly etc?

Halfords = ?35 for fitting on most HU's...but they offer a mobile service aswell which is nice...

No i am not the most electronically minded person in the world but i think i could muster the balls to have a crack...its just all the lil bits and bobs like the facia and the cd tuner holder thing etc that will bump the cost up...if i was gona do it all my self how much roughly would i be looking at? aerial/facia/holder/wires etc etc

Cheers