PDA

View Full Version : lights

gary_1.2Merit
11-04-04, 07:23 PM
are blacked out lights like these road legal? i thought the reflector has to be red. the bloke selling them says they were standard nova clusters tinted black. i dont kno how much light shines tho. which colour clusters look best on a blue nova??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2471956926&category=10404

pingu_turbo
11-04-04, 08:04 PM
i dont think black are road legal, i personally think you should get clear or use standard ones, tinting the bottom half red, just enough for the origional colour to show through. I hate black rear lights myself, they make novas look like they were modded in the 80's! when you see a car with black lights makes you think, wheres the 3 spokes, the flouresant yellow paint job and the blacked out windows!

Ste_Nova
11-04-04, 08:15 PM
i've got smoked lights... my car is styled for the 80s

novadiamond
13-04-04, 10:36 PM
you could get blue clusters i saw them sumwhere

dave.gsi
13-04-04, 11:14 PM
lol at the bids going above ?10.

get the spray from halfrauds for a tenner and do your own :roll:

dave.gsi
13-04-04, 11:19 PM
agree with black looking crap too.

go for red......

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave.gsi/Picture_141.jpg

:+:

Jack
14-04-04, 09:22 AM
are blacked out lights like these road legal? i thought the reflector has to be red. the bloke selling them says they were standard nova clusters tinted black. i dont kno how much light shines tho. which colour clusters look best on a blue nova??

No they're not road legal. They'd need reflectors, as i'm guessing the built in reflectors on the clusters have been painted over. Having said that I've been driving my hatch for two years with smoked lights and no reflectors and not had any trouble, but i put the reflectors back on for the MOT and carry them with me, so if the coppers pull me up on it i can stick them on ("Oh look at that, some kid must have pulled them off when i was in a car park officer, i'll stick these spares on" hehe)

As for clusters on a blue car, try euro style twin reverse (i don't think red or half red will suit a blue car).

And yeah... ?14 is a lot when you can just go buy some halfords tint for ?10 :lol:

Aamir
14-04-04, 02:18 PM
when you see a car with black lights makes you think, wheres the 3 spokes, the flouresant yellow paint job and the blacked out windows!

:lol: Sound like you're describing "Project Thunder" :lol:

My Nova's purely 90's OEM Vaux Stylee

Ste_Nova
14-04-04, 02:48 PM
the avos will fuck up if you run them low

Jack
14-04-04, 02:59 PM
the avos will f**k up if you run them low

Points to ste for being random there... :lol:

te17@novasgonemad
14-04-04, 06:31 PM
lol whats with tehcomplete change of topic ste i think completely red as thats the way i likes but if i had the money i wud get some nice twins

nova neil(swindon)
14-04-04, 06:43 PM
mine are tinted i got no reflecters and i aint been pulled yet after 5 months of having them tinted