PDA

View Full Version : KAZAA

Paul
11-04-04, 06:48 PM
214 court cases have been pressed against Kazaa users. the total has dropped from over 5 million now down to only 2million users.... :o :o :o :o :o :o

jkhilton
11-04-04, 07:53 PM
why do people use Kazaa??? it is full of fake files, viruses and spyware. There is just no point. There's plenty of other ways to get movies/music/tv episodes etc and they are far more reliable.

John

epo
11-04-04, 08:34 PM
why do people use Kazaa??? it is full of fake files, viruses and spyware.
John

coudnt agree more bag of wank it is

Alex
11-04-04, 10:20 PM
why do people use Kazaa??? it is full of fake files, viruses and spyware. There is just no point. There's plenty of other ways to get movies/music/tv episodes etc and they are far more reliable.
John
Kazza lite has no adware or spyware and has reasonable virus protection. You have to use your common sense to sport fake files although i really dont understand why people make them. I have downloaded evey single friends ever from kazaa (how sad am I!), 230 episodes (up to 14 th episode in 10th series) and have only downloaded about 10 fakes in from that.
At the end of that day it is easy to use, but I have started using other means like downloading from sites using MIRC etc.
214 out of 5 million is very good odds still. you are more likely to be run over in the street or killed by a coconut than prosecuted.

Jordi
12-04-04, 01:09 AM
no matter how good kazaa lite is, truth is u are still connecting to a server of other users. and the RIAA have legal rights to access the server either by going with a law suit to kazaa or as a normal user.

The riaa could share files (fakes maybe) and note down all the people downloading it for instance, court order to kazaa and knocks at the door.

I would recormend less popular p2p software, like winmx. Emule/edonkey is the best one i have found, because u can connect to any server u wish and theres a big community. (some servers have disclaimers, which do not allow access to RIAA etc organisations, therefore protecting the individual at server level)

Bittorrent is serverless and therefore alot safer then p2p programs. I stopped using kazaa about 3yrs ago n never been back.

Nath
12-04-04, 08:10 AM
thats exactly why i got rid of kazaa because i know someone who got done by them for downloading!!

Will
12-04-04, 10:29 AM
kazaa is wank

torrent all the way

djshongo
13-04-04, 08:14 PM
i use imesh and its good... :wink:

LET_SALOON
14-04-04, 07:36 AM
imesh and kazaa are exactly the same just a different gooey, ts just a facelift/change

Breeny
14-04-04, 09:12 AM
I use a hacked version of Emule now.. best program I've found so far..

Either that or newsgroups but its a bit of a pain in the arse.

Jordi
14-04-04, 09:46 AM
I use sivka athlazan emule, i havent updated in a bit since i've filled 175gb of space on my comp. Tis best hacked emule ver for me and my connection, never had any probs.

http://www.sharereactor.com shame it got closed down, many good links n forum there.

Snowface
14-04-04, 08:34 PM
John
Kazza lite has no adware or spyware and has reasonable virus protection. You have to use your common sense to sport fake files although i really dont understand why people make them. I have downloaded evey single friends ever from kazaa (how sad am I!), 230 episodes (up to 14 th episode in 10th series) and have only downloaded about 10 fakes in from that.
At the end of that day it is easy to use, but I have started using other means like downloading from sites using MIRC etc.
214 out of 5 million is very good odds still. you are more likely to be run over in the street or killed by a coconut than prosecuted.

my mate has all the freinds episodes he got from kazaa. He gets new ones the same night they are shown in the USA.

Alex
16-04-04, 02:24 PM
same as me :D . My friends collection takes up about 14gb IIRC
I have about 6 episodes of on my phone now as well :roll:

Barn
17-04-04, 06:10 PM
i dunno why but I have said this before...I find Bittorrent w*nk.
It has never worked properly for me and I don't know why. I have tried loads of different combo's and none of them make my torrents download quicker than about 4 kb/s...and I have 600KB Broadband ffs