PDA

View Full Version : 4ch amp or 2x2ch amps????????????

Adam
11-04-04, 04:25 PM
This is a question from my mate who currently has a nova.
He wanted me to recommend him a good ice setup,so this is what i came up with:-
Headunit-He already has a Kenwood 5024-4x50w-2rca out-SORTED
6x9s-Either Kenwood/Pioneer/JBL
Components-Alpine(woofer/tweeter/crossovers)
Sub-12ich JBL-GTO1000
Amp-I recommended the JBL GTO series, but should he get either 1 4ch amp-Jbl GTO4000
Or 2x2ch amps-Jbl GTO2000
What would be better, a 4ch amp running the sub(bridged) and 6x9s, or one 2ch amp running the sub and another running the 6x9s. I am thinking in terms of battery loads etc. or would the components in the doors be better running of an amp and the 6x9s of the headunit, vice versa.

Any input is appreciated by him. Thanks

srs1
11-04-04, 05:04 PM
it all depends on the power ratings on the components and the 6x9's.
what you dont want is loads of bass and no treble or mid.
i would prob run a 4 way. run the componets and the 6x9's.
and buy a second mono amp to run the sub. jbl and kenwood both do a mono amp for around 110 so not a massive dent in the package.

failing that 6x9's of hu and the amp for the rest.

Adam
13-04-04, 06:37 PM
So basically you need a balance between the music at the front components and the bass at the back, with the 6x9s helping both.

srs1
13-04-04, 09:26 PM
it just helps you have a decent quality of sound in the car. if it is all bass then be prepared for constint banging head aches.
so a good balance will make the sound in the car good.

cooper_nova
14-04-04, 12:22 AM
it all depends on the power ratings on the components and the 6x9's.
what you dont want is loads of bass and no treble or mid.
i would prob run a 4 way. run the componets and the 6x9's.
and buy a second mono amp to run the sub. jbl and kenwood both do a mono amp for around 110 so not a massive dent in the package.

failing that 6x9's of hu and the amp for the rest.

thats exatcly how i wud do it too a mono block for the sub and another 4chl for the components and the 6x9's!

peester
22-04-04, 06:22 PM
or buy an active sub; such as vibe..

Matty T
25-04-04, 08:54 PM
First off, if you are going for a sub there is definately no need for any rear speakers at all, especially not amping them up!

IMO, go for a 4channel amp, nice front components, and a sub. If you get good well matched equipment this will sound miles better than the suggested system above