PDA

View Full Version : sounds like a tractor!!

-Bruce-
11-04-04, 01:42 PM
ok i have a 1.4 with t40's and a kent cam kit and pully. yesterday put it together. tryed to start it up and it did start but sounds like a tractor, i think its only running on 3 cylinders.

It is not smooth atol!!! :evil:

also it seem to be overfueling as the plugs are black!! timing is ok and if you look in the barrels of the carbs you can see that there is fuel going through. the carbs were back firing and popping (but it think this is natural when you first start then up.)

also i have just put new jets in the carbs that are correct so it is strange why it is over fueling??

i also think that the fuel pump maybe to strong which is the thing that maybe causing the overfueling??

sorry about the long winded explanation, if you dont understand what im talking about please say so. lol
this is really pickling my head so any help would be great!!

cheers bruce

-Bruce-
12-04-04, 09:22 AM
im going to have another look at it all today!! c what i can do!! post somthing back if u have any info on these subjects atol!!

cheers bruce

Aragorn
12-04-04, 02:35 PM
check all your timing marks and try to find out which cylinder isnt firing by looking at the plugs - duff cyl's plug will be wet usually

make sure the ignition leads are on properly too