PDA

View Full Version : Track Days

Anonymous
12-06-01, 10:00 AM
Ok

Now that my car is back on the road. Yes you did read that correctly. FENIX'S CAR IS BACK ON THE ROAD. Anyway.

Now that my car is back on the road with all it's new engine bits I wanna get to some track days (once it's run in of course).

Do any of the peeps here go to any track days. If so how much does it cost, what equipment do you need and have you had to join any club?

Any info greatly appreciated.

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 10:06 AM
Wehey, well done m8. I`ve only been to one so far. You dont need to be a club memeber, a helmet was up to you, and your car has to be road worthy. I chose to wear a helmet to be on the safe side (and look the part). That was Castle Combe. They also check that your car isnt too noisy there.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
12-06-01, 10:12 AM
How much was the day MC? And how much track time did you get?

Anonymous
12-06-01, 10:12 AM
well i'm stuffed then lol. (how can it be too noisy? it never loud enough lol)

[-iansUpToSomething.jpg-] <--- are you davo in disguise? (but obviously not as camp as davo!)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 10:31 AM
You`ll be alright Ian, some of the track cars didnt have silencers, so the organisers had universal silencers to stick on the end of the tailpipes.

It was ?8 to get in, and ?20 per session of about 6 laps. Not alot, but its a good experience. Apparently Trax is better for track time.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
12-06-01, 10:46 AM
I've already missed the boat for Trax. Had to be in for 28 May.

I've seen a company that does full days at donnington and elvington for ?89. Very tempting wheni get back of my hols.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 10:51 AM
That does sound quite good.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
12-06-01, 11:44 AM
I'd like to have a go myself as well. I want to find out the limits of me and my car somewhere where there aren't other cars and fookin great big ditches!:)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:04 PM
I was more bothered about total lack of police and potholes CP :-)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 03:32 PM
Castle coombe is on next month on sat the 14th and sun the 22nd!
?20:00 For five laps but everyone gets five laps so if you are one of the front runners you might get 1 or 2 more laps!
Did anyone go this past saturday i was!!!
Fair few novas with two turbo ones from swindon i know one of them and he went on the track.
His names Highlander anyone ever heard of him?

Anonymous
12-06-01, 03:43 PM
Bollocks. Guess whos away from the 10th to 24th.

Classic, so thats the VBOA rally and two track days i've missed out on.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 09:14 PM
A bit pissed off about that Trax date to submit an entry to race! I didn't even know you had to give that amount of prior notice.

Anonymous
13-06-01, 04:27 PM
The 1.6 turbo is Andy Hylands. He is a m8 of mine and a good laff.
I was there, but only briefly (we had a coutenay nova to tear to pieces, eh rick.. ;) )

:)

Anonymous
13-06-01, 07:22 PM
lol soon to get reincarnated!

[-celebrate.jpg-]

Anonymous
14-06-01, 01:32 PM
I would love to take part in one, But I have just put my sr i the garage to get some more work done and i'm running about in a beige 1.2 SEXY car. I should have my tickets for trax comming through soonish but I have no car to take on the track. does any one fancy taking there car on the track:D

Anonymous
14-06-01, 02:13 PM
Sold mike. Drop me an e-mail

Anonymous
14-06-01, 02:15 PM
I`m a bit closer to pick it up from u!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\