PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking kit

Nova_Tek
10-04-04, 05:23 PM
Just got a 2 door central locking kit out of a nova.

My car, of course, doesnt have certal locking fitted as standard. Its a MkI.

Got the Haynes manual but it mentions nothing about fitting the central locking and I aint got a clue where to start.

So I was wondering if anyone has detailed instructions or know of any detailed instructions I can get my hands on as it would make fitting much easier.

Also will be fitting an alarm on the car soon. Is the standard Nova central locking kit compatible with remote locking alarm systems?

Much appreciated 8)

Adam
10-04-04, 06:07 PM
Have you got the Haynes Max Power Nova manual. that tells you how to install central locking and an alarm. To link to your alarm you need a seperate lock/alarm interface, i don't know if you can use the standard Nova central locking, you may be able to.

Nova_Tek
10-04-04, 06:38 PM
Im afraid I only got the standard haynes manual.

I have located what seems to be the right position for the central locking solenoid to be screwed to the inside of the door but im unsure about where the metal rod needs to be connected to.

Does anyone know where the small length metal rod connects to on the door lock? A diagram or pic would be real helpful.

As for the alarm. At the moment im mainly concerned about the central locking kit but if anyone knows a deffinate answer as to wether standard central locking can be used with remote alarms would be nice.

Thanx for your help

pingu_turbo
10-04-04, 06:39 PM
as for wireing the alarm to the c/l, my alarm was installed with an xtra servo in the the drivers door, linked to the alarm. Then that moves when the alarm is activated/ de-activated. That then operates the passenger door servo just like turning the key.

Nova_Tek
10-04-04, 06:58 PM
Sounds simple enough.

All I need to know is where the metal rod connect to from the solenoid and im in business.

Anyone out there that can help?

:?

Adam
11-04-04, 12:08 AM
The metal rod connects to a clamp thing with clamping screws which in turn is connected to the solenoid with another main operating rod.

cooper_nova
11-04-04, 03:34 AM
theres a guide on www.novaland.com
guides>interior>central locking

Nova_Tek
11-04-04, 04:52 PM
I had a look at the site its ok just doesnt give any details as to where the rod conects to.

Does it directly clamp onto the metal rod connected to the door pin or is it clamped to the actual door lock mechanism? (oh and the 2 ends on the rod are different one side is hooked end and one is a flat end with a small hole)

Sorry to be a bother.

Thanx

cooper_nova
11-04-04, 05:02 PM
I had a look at the site its ok just doesnt give any details as to where the rod conects to.

Does it directly clamp onto the metal rod connected to the door pin or is it clamped to the actual door lock mechanism? (oh and the 2 ends on the rod are different one side is hooked end and one is a flat end with a small hole)

Sorry to be a bother.

Thanx

sorry mate i can't help u ne more than that as quite simply i don't know,hope u get the answeres u need and good luck

Chris_W
11-04-04, 06:27 PM
The hooked end is the solenoid end, thread it through the hole in the end of the solenoid, and there should be a flat on the end that stops it going all the way through. You then need to clamp the other end of it to the rod that goes up to the door pin, Job done! The bit thats going to cause you more fun is actually getting the wire from the car into the door, as if you've got a boggo model you weon't have any holes in the doors or the A pillar, so you'll have to drill some, remeber to use the right size grommets so that you don't short out the wiring, and probably worth covering the grommets with sealant once the wiring is through just to make sure you don't get puddles of water rsuting your car away.

Chris

Nova_Tek
11-04-04, 09:11 PM
Cheers lads, looks like I just need to clamp the rod. Would have thought it would have had a specific hole to fit into.

Anyways thanx for the help much appreciated 8)