PDA

View Full Version : twin 40/45 fueling

pingu_turbo
10-04-04, 10:31 AM
if i was to put twin 40s or 45s (dont know which) on my 1.6 gte lump, how would it be fuelled? would i use the existing tank and pump or change it all?
cheers :D

pityacker
10-04-04, 11:26 AM
Just use the existing setup you have.
I have a 1.3SR and use the mechanical pump for my twin 40's and runs fine.
:drinking:

big_wig_074
10-04-04, 11:36 AM
the GTE is fuel injected tho,so you would need to change the pump for a carb item(facet or filter king etc...) then get an inline fuel filter,and there is no need for the fuel return line anymore.

novashed
10-04-04, 02:17 PM
yeah, need to bin the injection pump at the rear and fit a low pressure pump like a facet, will need a regulator aswell to set the amount of fuelling

pingu_turbo
10-04-04, 06:33 PM
thx guys, so in terms of wireing, just take a live from the ignition "on" side and all will be ok? or is the pump a higher amperage draw and need a relay?

-Bruce-
11-04-04, 09:55 AM
yeh u just conect it to live on the ignition, and i put a inline fuse in and put it through a switch so i can switch it off with-out the ignition being off!! it

you can also wire it through the oil pressure gauge, i think.

says how to wire it up in the instructions on the facet pump!!

pingu_turbo
11-04-04, 08:48 PM
so with the fuel tank, do i use a carb fuel tank. Can i use the tank ive got and blank off the return, or do i need to make the return into a breather? I cant remember if its got one. :wink:

Aragorn
12-04-04, 03:03 PM
u DO need a return

if your pumps sitting there spewing out 4psi and the cars at low throttle wheres the extra fuel gonna go?

it just gonna vanish?

no its gonna get forced into the float chambers which eventaully over flow and flood the engine - and before lots of folk chime in and say theres is fine - thats all fine and dandy but your putting some amount of pressure on the float valves that shouldnt be there and u will eventually damage the carb

the return is there for a reason - USE IT

m.d.
13-04-04, 03:56 PM
if you use a facet pump like a red top or something like that they are made not to use a return line. like almost all older cars. essies talbot sunbeams etc. the fuel wont be forced into the float chambers if you have the correct pressure set on the regulator. 3 psi is about right.

as for using the injection fuel pump you WILL need the return and two pressure regulators. one will be a turbo regulator (fuel king make them) which will reduce the silly high injection fuel pressure to about 10 psi then a fuel saver (fuel king make them too) which will do the rest. there is a return pipe on the turbo regulator which lets fuel back to the tank when the correct pressure is reached. this is how i had mine set up untill i got my new pump and was fine.