PDA

View Full Version : prob with 2l 16v

nelly16v
09-04-04, 09:19 PM
i have a 2l 16v nova but i have a problem can anyone help? it cut out the other day when it was just ticking over. when i tryed to start it it wouldnt fire up. i left it for a while after fiddling around under the bonnet for half hour, to ring a mate. when i got back in it it started up but as soon as i tryted to pull away it cut out again. it seems to be that wen it gets cold it will start but when it gets warm it wont. it seems to find reversing easier. i put a new coil on as i thought it might have something to do with the spark but it didnt make F A difference! Its really puzzled me! I thought i would ask u lot before it gets sent to the vauxhall garage. :cry:
I need it back im in a 1.4 flair at the moe and it dosent do it 4 me!
HELP!!!!!
Cheers peeps

novashed
09-04-04, 09:59 PM
try www.migweb.co.uk peeps on there are extremely knowledgeable on anything xe related, seems like a sensor problem to me, ecu fault codes? has it been wired to the dash?

Richyb
09-04-04, 10:15 PM
could be any number of things, you cud check the wire rail ontop of the fuel rail push it down to make sure ts connected properly. Check to see if there are any lose wire around you ecu. check your battery charge . it could be loads of thing you have to go though a prosess of ellimination. i would call aa out they prob would find it and it saves payin 4 a garage.

nelly16v
10-04-04, 07:01 PM
cheers thing is no one can find the ecu! i had the RAC out and they cant find it! do any of u no where it is? do it think its worth calling the place that done the conversion even tho it was done 6 years ago? :?

mark_GSi
10-04-04, 07:18 PM
just follow the loom m8, it cant be too far

Aragorn
12-04-04, 03:16 PM
gearbox earth strap??

try getting a nice meaty jump lead and connecting it between the engine and battery -ive terminal

nelly16v
12-04-04, 03:32 PM
ok m8t cheers il give it a go and c wot it does