PDA

View Full Version : road rally

honda
09-04-04, 09:07 PM
how can i get my 1.3sr to bang and pop my mates 1.3sr does is but he does not know how to do it if it does do this is it good ,bad or have no effect .p.s my mates nova is a road rally spec :?

Jim
09-04-04, 09:39 PM
Personnaly I think cars that pop and bang dont sound good, in fact, to most they will probably sound knackered. Concentrate on getting the car to run well and perform well rather than what sound it makes.

Jim

Richyb
09-04-04, 10:29 PM
my turbo is v noisy and it always pops really sweet because of the excess fuel vapours goin down the zorst. u need a larger center pipe with no center silencer for the best effect. failing this you could probably overfuel the carb a bit but it would run like a bag of shit.......the best way is get some webers like i used to av

Philsutton
10-04-04, 12:43 PM
you do it by turning the ignition on an off with you foot on the accelerator. I wouldnt reccomend doing it as something will break. If you tune the engine instead it makes a much better sound than just exploding.

ydg27
10-04-04, 02:34 PM
i agree tweak the nuts off it with t40's and it will spit lovely flames

Philsutton
10-04-04, 03:48 PM
ah i miss my flames, during the time when i had the 40's fitted an having them set up it was throwing flames all then time :(

nova_rally
10-04-04, 08:29 PM
His Road Rally Car must be sh*t then! My Rally car doesn't pop and bang (anymore). Just retard your timing slightly, you will lose a lot of performance have a poor idle, it won't start properly and hold an idle and you'll us e alot more petrol, but you'll get the sound.

Alan

honda
10-04-04, 09:41 PM
nova_rally you said it was a bag of shit , how come a lot of rally cars turbo and non turbo do this .
shurly if it was that bad they would not do this. :?

BigRuss
11-04-04, 12:34 AM
I agree, My rally car spits big flames, I have the photos and the videos to prove it :D :D

nova_rally
11-04-04, 10:00 PM
There is No such thing as a Nova Turbo Road Rally Car, hence if it's running like this it will be utter crap, and i know from experience with mine that a Nova that runs like that IS crap.

Alan