PDA

View Full Version : Nova windscreen

Metromartin
08-04-04, 11:14 PM
Hi all

My m8 has cracked his mk1 nova windscreen,

Are they glued in or can the be removed by slowly prising out the rubber surround?

TIA

Martin

stiller_uk
09-04-04, 07:49 AM
There not bonded m8, u can just pull them out of the rubber surround.

mikeyredtop
09-04-04, 12:55 PM
but there will be black sticky stuff everywhere

novashed
09-04-04, 08:01 PM
usually crack if u try and 'gently push' em out, better off just cutting the rubber off on the outside and it will lift straight out (thats how i get em out in the scrappy) carefull not to scratch the paint though, get a new rubber and seal it all in

Jim
09-04-04, 09:42 PM
Depends on how long the windscreen has been in the car. Mine developed a crack and eventually I had to have it replaced. When Autoglass came out, the guy was sat in the drivers seat with both legs in the air pushing the windscreen out with his feet. It took him a while and the windscreen almost shattered because it had been in the car for so long (11 years).

Jim

Aragorn
12-04-04, 03:21 PM
i had 2 windscreens fitted recently

i wasnt too sure so i stopped an autoglass guy in a garage and asked him to do it

he just sat inside car with his boots on the glass and prised the rubber back with a screwdriver while applying pressure he broke one ( just a single crack ) but the other came out just fine - to get the new glass out the scrappy just stanley the seal and u can use the seal off yours