PDA

View Full Version : 1.3sr standard

honda
07-04-04, 09:06 PM
hi , i own a 1.3sr nova compleatly standard any suggestions what other mods do i need to fit weber carbs , or can i just bolt them on.

nova_rally
07-04-04, 09:51 PM
You need to make an adapter plate to make it fit your Inlet manifold but once that's done they will just bolt on. Think you need a different Air Filter though....

Alan

BurburyConrod
07-04-04, 09:56 PM
Get a pipercross air filter for it too

nova_rally
07-04-04, 09:58 PM
DON'T get a Pipercross, theyre foam and are about as good as the standard airbox after a few miles.

Alan

~~joycey~~
08-04-04, 07:31 AM
^^^agreed^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Richyb
08-04-04, 02:09 PM
dont bother with filters mate, we i ran them on me 1.4 sr with cam and head work without airsocks or filters for 1.5 yrs and it was still fine. having them set up on the rollin road though is an absoult must. the best guys to speak to are just novas 01159461105 they will have all the bits you need at a suitable price , heck if u mention my name u will get it even cheaper.

If you worried about your engine buggering up , dont worry cus u cud get a new 1 for 50-100quid!

_JH_
08-04-04, 07:02 PM
go to tan-y-groes breakers and see if they have any modded vauxhalls there. you may be able to pick up everything you need to fit a weber to your nova from another nova or an astra.

If not the most common weber used came on a landrover but I dunno which one. they had a plastic plenum on them if I remember rightly. This will help with bonnet clearance, and they have 2 small inlets so you can plug in your breather pipe and fit a length of tube to the main inlet, with a cone filter on the other end, mounted somewhere near the grill.

honda
08-04-04, 08:24 PM
thanks for all the help guys :D keep it coming
do i need to strengthen any engineparts and how muck of a power increase should i c if set up propely with fast road cams

honda
08-04-04, 08:25 PM
thanks for all the help guys :D keep it coming
do i need to strengthen any engineparts and how muck of a power increase should i c if set up propely with fast road cams

Snowface
08-04-04, 08:28 PM
hi , i own a 1.3sr nova compleatly standard any suggestions what other mods do i need to fit weber carbs , or can i just bolt them on.

do u mean caeb's as in twin carb's ? i.e. Twin 40's?

They require a completly different inlet manifold to standard.

nova_rally
08-04-04, 09:23 PM
How far South is Tan y Groes? Worth the trip from Pwllheli or shall I just stick with Gaerwen on Anglesey?

Alan

dikharvey
08-04-04, 09:30 PM
i have a weber 32/34 carb that is on a 1.3 manifold and has the adapter plate on to fix a standard airbox to.... oh yeah.... it's for sale too, interested? will be going on eBay soon

ChelmsfordNova
08-04-04, 09:35 PM
mines got twin 40's and they have 2 bolt on K&N's and they sound lovely. mine still anit been on a rolling road, so may sound louder when thats done.

_JH_
10-04-04, 03:47 PM
How far South is Tan y Groes?

cardigan/aberporth area

Worth the trip from Pwllheli or shall I just stick with Gaerwen on Anglesey?

well that depends what your after. give them a ring.

Tan-y-Groes Car Dismantlers
Tan-y-Groes
Aberporth
Cardigan
Dyfed
SA43 2JP

Tel: 01239 811008