PDA

View Full Version : FAO Rob meister

Anonymous
11-06-01, 09:30 AM
Rob mate, this post was gonna go under the 'XR2' post below, but it is miles down the page and u might not see my reply, so i posted it up here ;) here's what i was gonna put on:

This isn't gonna go down well, but i think it all depends on the XR2...my mate has got one, an F reg one, and for sum reason it is really quick, and it's standard.

A 1.4 sri beat him.
A 1.4 sr was going ruffly the same speed as him in a race, if not a tiny bit quicker..
A 1.3 sr was just about keeping up, he didn't beat him though.

It also depends on the driver (obvious but true) another one of my mates has a nova GTE on a H plate, and he got beaten by a 1.2! no shit! hes does the shittest gear changes, he doesn't go high enough up the rev range and he drives like a pu55y!

so rob mate, have a go at anything (excepet things that u know will definately leave u)...cos u might be lucky and get a shit driver (like my mate in the nova GTE ;)) or u might be racing one thats fucked and slow...

I'm gonna do to my mk2 1.2 what you have done to yours, and i'm not gonna hold back on the races with XR's...cos even if they beat u, they don't leave u...they just pull away a little bit :D

And...my mate with the XR2 had a race with a 1.2 (only mod i could see was a back box, but i haven't got X ray eyes so i dont know if he had engine mods...but i couldn't hear a K&N or anything ;)) and it actually started to pull away a little bit, but then my mates XR2 caught up...my mate didn't like it one bit! i was teasing him saying he'd got eaten by a 1.2 ;) he actually commented "it's quite quick that nova innit!"

have a go mate ;)

I'm sticking 1.3sr cam, manifold, gearbox, K&N and full Ahley Zorst on my 1.2...and then leave the exterior standard (except -60mm and 15s) and put a 1.0 badge on the back (not as dramatic as ste's 1.2i badge on his valver, but think of the XR owners who will see the 1.0 badge and start spewing, thinking a 1.0's keeping up with them):(:O:):p

[ged_bong]
Web Design 4 half the price.
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
11-06-01, 12:24 PM
XR2's are SHIT !!! Period !

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
11-06-01, 12:55 PM
Sorry, i disagree, yes i owned one, but ithink all the ones u have raced have been sheds.

They have same power as GSI, 100bhp, so how can a 14sr keep up?

I used to beat the crap out of sr's & sri's, no chance, mine was "a quick one", but thats wot they are supposed to be, they are way quicker than std nova sr's, and i own a 14sr & i know, mine aint slow, but they r faster than u lot think.

Oh, its a ford, it must be slow, u will never know till u own one, or drive one.

Anonymous
11-06-01, 12:56 PM
a 1.2 pulling away
was it blue with 16" wheels?

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
11-06-01, 01:04 PM
nova's = about 750kg
XR2 = about 1000kg (not sure)

power to w8 ratio etc.
thing is mate, i'm not just saying "fords are shite" i was in the car every instance that i've named above...and i've described what happened. I know my mates XR2 is quick cos it spins like fuck in second when booting it (i know that doesn't mean a lot but worth mentioning :p) and it keeps up with all XRi's...

I know my mates XR2 was a quick one becasue my brother has owned 3, and i have been in 2 other one's and none of them have been as fast as this lads...

fair enough, they might be 100bhp, but it depends on how the engine delivers its power, ratio of the gearbox, w8 of the car etc etc...the list goes on..

I know you'll be aware of the things i've just mentioned...cos your into cars...i think thats why smaller engined cars that should be slower than an XR2 actually keep up...an XR2 would beat most nova's over say 50mph...but under that they'd give them a run for their money.

Anonymous
11-06-01, 01:06 PM
lol @ ste...i knew that was coming :p:D

Anonymous
11-06-01, 03:22 PM
I know wot u is sayin, but again i disagree, the XR2 wasnt heavy, i know this mite not mean much, but my nova spins in 2nd, dont mean it will beat XR2's, but it is true bout the engines, there are a lot of shaggers around, but mine was MINT, kept it in perfect runnin order(not liek the nova, cos it wont go perfect)

But, ok i will let u off with this one, cos i cant b arse to argue no more, work is boring enuff, sooooooo tired!

Anyways, keep up the mission to beat the XR2, easiest way...put bigger engine in, jus like Mr Ste done. ;)

Anonymous
11-06-01, 03:32 PM
Fairy Muff Mark mate...i can't be arsed to argue! we both have had different experiences and i'm sure both of us are making valid points ;)

sliff time me thinks...has the guy in novakings footer got any blow? oh shit, better not ask...he's a copper :O

Anonymous
11-06-01, 04:22 PM
I agree. I also agree bout us both havin valid points.

Oh well, nearly time to go home, wish i cud get into the chat, wud make it better at work 4 me, but they have restricted the network, twats.

Well i am glad we settled that, but i know i am right & u r wrong, so ner ner. lol, only jokin.

Have a nice day :D

Anonymous
11-06-01, 06:03 PM
Im gonna have a go at loads,the car looks quick for a 1.2(pics available soon)-but I want some grunt from it,I want a 1.3SR cam and a performance zorst next for power,but at the mo I need to sort out the bodywork,fit my sideskirts n SR spoiler,then Im up for handling,lowering springs,as it looks silly at the mo,with 185/60/14s,and no mudflaps anymore, looks like a baby jeap from the back!-then its anti roll bars and more performance,coming on nicely tho,I did have an embarrassing moment tho,I was piloting it round my block,I went past whitey(I was gonna have his SR,but the chassis was twisted from his "10mph accident with a bollard") he was giving my car a good look over and aproving of the front end,while boarding his XR2i,next thing I know,the car dies,and I stick hazards on and push it into a bus stop(!)-he comes flying round larfin x-( but Im gonna have a go at almost anything,I aint being a pussy,I got plans to set up some golf gtis,gonna pull next to em revving and everything,then pretend to pull off n watch em go flying across the junction thru the red light...I know someone who does it