PDA

View Full Version : Gsi Tailgate Vinyl

Will F
06-04-04, 01:58 PM
Having all, but given up looking for a tidy silver tailgate (with vinyl) I have decided to put the vinyl back onto my tailgate.

Does anybody know where I can get some, i know there was some on ebay a while back, but I missed the end date!

Cheers in advance...

Jules
06-04-04, 02:09 PM
No idea, I can only suggest getting it 'sprayed' on using a satin black - might be as close as you could get.
Failing that try and find a 2nd hand GSi tailgate with the vinyl on and get it resprayed if needed.

And to think that people actually choose to remove the vinyl - once it's off it's staying off!!

Keep the vinyl on peeps!!
:lol:

Jack
06-04-04, 02:26 PM
try a local signwriting company, they might be able to knock you up a sheet of vinyl

krobinson
06-04-04, 03:09 PM
I've got black vinyl here in work. its just black, whereas the original is a charcoal grey, so it could look out of place?

Does vauxhall not have any left?

Keith

Aamir
06-04-04, 03:09 PM
try a local signwriting company, they might be able to knock you up a sheet of vinyl

I did this, looked great (Satin Black)

Just a suggestion, why not try carbon fibre effect vinyl, I know you can buy it cause I did a friends Door Handles in it.

Jack
06-04-04, 03:12 PM
Just a suggestion, why not try carbon fibre effect vinyl, I know you can buy it cause I did a friends Door Handles in it.

Thats a point, Foliatec do coloured and carbon effect vinyl. Seen it in my local halfords, if you go there they ought to be able to get hold of some.

Will F
06-04-04, 04:32 PM
Vauxhall are being awkward whenever I call them.
I have a few GSi tailgate that I could use, its just a shame, cos my tailgate is a minter!

Any links?

Cheers

Dpnova
06-04-04, 05:12 PM
Will please dont use carbon effect, use normal stuff cos ur car is lurvly

dave.gsi
06-04-04, 09:54 PM
madness :roll:

crazy people want to put that crap back on :lol:

SKoob
06-04-04, 10:11 PM
vinyl rocks, i thought you could buy it from vauxhall :? with out it a GSi looks like a any other nova :wink:

Jules
07-04-04, 08:37 AM
Ooh look at that - my original Vauxhall-still-in-it's-box 1.3 SR tailgate vinyl has just shot up in price now that Vauxhall don't sell them anymore!!

Only joking Keith - you can still have it if you go to PV or VBOA this year!!

Will F
07-04-04, 09:14 AM
:D @ Jules!
Dont spose you have any GTE stuff then? :wink:

Denny- I certainly wont be getting carbon effect stuff, it sounds interesting, but wont go with the silver/black theme really.

Dave.gsi - Shut it! :D

If anyone does see any silver tailgates up for grabs in theirt local papers etc, let me know ASAP.

Cheers

Jules
07-04-04, 09:31 AM
'fraid not m8

I only got the SR one cos I was going to cut "T40" into it for my old Twin 40'd SR.

If you can't get any then I'd go and get it sprayed in satin dark grey (As close as match as you'll probably get).

Anna
07-04-04, 01:13 PM
You can still get the tail gate vinyl from vauxhall in Anthracite. Was considering putting a new one on mine. They're around ?53 + VAT :o

LregNovagsi
07-04-04, 06:04 PM
Ordered all my new vinyl from 'autovaux' when i had my Nova restored.
It is a slightly different colour then it used to be, but not that noticable, but it's pot luck what they give you, my boyfriend ordered his and it was a lightish grey, the one i ordered was a lot darker but it lloked good on his because it was purple. It's worth giving them a call, but i'm sure you can still get it from Vauxhall, or you could when i got myn. Had a real shock though when they gave me the bill :o

Will F
08-04-04, 10:00 AM
How much was it from Auto Vaux?
Was it a GM part?

LregNovagsi
08-04-04, 11:04 AM
Oh yes, it's deffinately a genuine GM part, i wouldn't have gone near it had it not been. It was ordered from Germany as far as i am aware. I have just had a look through my receipts and can't find one for the vinyl, think it's because i got a discount and it was cash so they wouldn't give me a receipt. Also, i bought all my vinyl so it was a total price.
I've had a look through my photo's and this is the only one where you can tell it's lighter. But it really is unnoticabe, when i first saw it i was shocked how grey it looked but when it was put on it looked totally different.
Appologies for the quality of photo.
Hope this helps :)

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwDZAmYU97mX*n9uEuYZubZtXryx9UZ1pW79AS7U2DcFBbuRg hAiuk3Ox8*ai9zSCths4axN1y*N9BbtgBM2eCsXEAkEptZaAeA M5zVc6z4/scan.jpg?dc=4675467193277792180

Ste_Nova
08-04-04, 11:31 AM
If anyone does see any silver tailgates up for grabs in theirt local papers etc, let me know ASAP.

Cheers

:lol:

http://uploader.co.uk/images/med.jpg

Will F
08-04-04, 01:21 PM
So can I have that tailgate then?

Nice Masking job btw! :wink:

Ste_Nova
08-04-04, 01:37 PM
So can I have that tailgate then?

dunno... i'd have to find it first :lol:

Will F
08-04-04, 03:30 PM
Seriously mate. If its a good 'un, let me know.
I am willing to travel to Spain for one!

Jules
08-04-04, 04:13 PM
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwDZAmYU97mX*n9uEuYZubZtXryx9UZ1pW79AS7U2DcFBbuRg hAiuk3Ox8*ai9zSCths4axN1y*N9BbtgBM2eCsXEAkEptZaAeA M5zVc6z4/scan.jpg?dc=4675467193277792180

Being a '93 GSi afaik the tail gate should have the 'round' griffin logo below the rear screen (but above the vinyl) in the middle, the GSi logo in the usual place on the left side of the vinyl and a 'VAUXHALL' script on the right hand side of the vinyl.

I *think* only the late models had the round griffin (Early one's had a 'squuare' one) and Vauxhall script on them (Early one's had nothing on that side of the tailgate).

GaryGlasgow
11-04-04, 02:58 AM
I used houshold vynil for kitchen counter tops ect, cost me ?3 for two square metres in matt black i just poured hot water over it to press it in to the number plate recess, looks great i was well pleased with the result, its good if you are not bothered about the badges and dont want to pay ?53+vat.

cooper_nova
11-04-04, 03:22 AM
that sounds like a good idea and a hell of alot cheaper too!

krobinson
11-04-04, 12:34 PM
Only joking Keith - you can still have it if you go to PV or VBOA this year!!

Lol..

Cheers jules... I have my new MK1 headlights, all i need to do now is finish the blue one, buy a cheap cavalier for a runabout, and put the white one in. And thats where i'll use the 1.3SR Tailgate vinyl ;)

Yes, i am crazy

Keith

cooper_nova
11-04-04, 05:21 PM
lol@ yes i am crazy!
:lol: :lol: