PDA

View Full Version : clutch prolems

nova neil(swindon)
05-04-04, 06:26 PM
alright peep every time i change gear and accelarate it sound like and feels like the cluch is slightly still engaged when the prob goes away (after a few secs) its goes properly could it just need ajusting ??

cooper_nova
05-04-04, 08:18 PM
its a possability but it cud also b the thrust bearing sticking

nova neil(swindon)
05-04-04, 08:27 PM
its a possability but it cud also b the thrust bearing sticking

is that a simple solution

i have just had the engine fitted so i rekon it could be just adjusting needed but is there a simple way of telling if it is the thrust bearing??

cooper_nova
05-04-04, 08:34 PM
i've only heard of them sticking never seen one, just a thought but when u fitted the engine did u fit a clutch??? if so did u line it up properly???? if not that cud also be another reason why its playing up!

nova neil(swindon)
05-04-04, 11:05 PM
i've only heard of them sticking never seen one, just a thought but when u fitted the engine did u fit a clutch??? if so did u line it up properly???? if not that cud also be another reason why its playing up!

i imagine it was lined up properly the macanic is fearly good and its only just started to hapen and is not a regular thing its only when im trying to push the car a bit hard

cooper_nova
05-04-04, 11:08 PM
erm.....i've run out of suggestions atm!
:oops:

Aragorn
05-04-04, 11:21 PM
do u mean the car revs without accelleration???

sounds like either oil getting onto the clutch or somthing is loose

i missed a clutch cover bolt on mine and it slipped when it was pushed hard

try going up a long hill in 5th and floor it see if it slips or not

nova neil(swindon)
05-04-04, 11:44 PM
do u mean the car revs without accelleration???

sounds like either oil getting onto the clutch or somthing is loose

i missed a clutch cover bolt on mine and it slipped when it was pushed hard

try going up a long hill in 5th and floor it see if it slips or not

no mate when i change from say 2nd to 3rd when i realese the clutch its ok but as soon as i put my foot down on the accelrater it feels like the clutch is slighty (only slighty) in then it goes away and the car resumes to normal

cooper_nova
06-04-04, 01:45 AM
neil it sounds like ur clutch is slipping(eg wearing out) try tightening the cable, if that don't work then u need to get the clutch replaced
:o