PDA

View Full Version : Gear linkage tips wanted...

Ben
04-04-04, 10:58 PM
Anyone got a fool proof way off sorting the gear selection on a 16v Nova, have spent hours in the past sorting the gears only to lose them after a while.

cooper_nova
04-04-04, 11:13 PM
wot about getting a rose joint linkage made up??

Neil.
04-04-04, 11:16 PM
someone did tell me once that if u put a nail in a hole somewhere on the gear stick plasitc surround or something, cant remember what they said. maybe someone else can elaborate?

Ben
04-04-04, 11:25 PM
Main problem is have tried most ways round but as never get it 100% spot on when searchng for gears its pulling out slightly everytime.

so1o
06-04-04, 03:02 AM
Ben I have had the same problem, best way I found was doing it the Haynes manual way. I can honestly say this works the best and lasts for a while until your really giving it some and third gear sort of goes out a bit again.

Also I found that the steadier and more accurate you hold the gear stick in the middle while someone tightens up the bolt, the better it will be.

Majority of times its ok just that it does give problems when u give it some.

@Neil yes thats the haynes manual way, refers to sticking a 6? mm drill bit into the hole etc....

cooper_nova
06-04-04, 03:06 AM
Ben I have had the same problem, best way I found was doing it the Haynes manual way. I can honestly say this works the best and lasts for a while until your really giving it some and third gear sort of goes out a bit again.

Also I found that the steadier and more accurate you hold the gear stick in the middle while someone tightens up the bolt, the better it will be.

Majority of times its ok just that it does give problems when u give it some.

@Neil yes thats the haynes manual way, refers to sticking a 6? mm drill bit into the hole etc....

:o :o :o